*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1362324-Chapter-2-of-Living-Stone-Cold
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Kat
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1362324
Next chapter of Living Stone Cold.
My dads' name is Steven Albright. He is 6'2, has brown hair, brown eyes, is slim, and I look just like him (except I have longer hair and I am a girl). He is a surgeon at the local hospital which means he is rarely ever home and that was one of the main arguments my parents had before they divorced. He told me everyone says that he is one of the best surgeons around, but i'm not so sure. Well now you know a little bit about my dad.
After I finished unpacking my things, I went downstairs to see what dad was doing. He was, of course, reading the newspaper (which i should have known). He looked up from the paper and stared at me. After about ten seconds of silence he asked "Are you hungry? Do you want me to order a pizza?". "Yeah i'm starving, pizza sounds great.". And we left it at that. After the pizza, I told dad good night and went on up to bed. I needed a good nights rest before I would have to battle my first day of school tomarrow.
I woke up the next morning at 5:00 am. I have to be at school at 7:00 am to get my papers and look around to try to find my classes. So I got up, took a shower and went in my closet to find the perfect outfit. I couldn't find anything. I finally decided on jeans, tennis shoes, and a top that some people might say showed a little too much, but I liked it anyway.
I practically ran down the stairs. I didn't see dad anywhere. Instead I find a note on the fridge in his messy, man handwriting that said
"Jen,
I hope you have a great first day
of school. Sorry about not being
here when you woke up, but I had
to be at work early today. On the
kitchen table is the keys to the
old truck outside. I know you
probably don't want to drive that
on your first day of school, but I
promises, this weekend we will
go and buy you a more girly car.
But for now that is all I have.
Good luck and have fun.


Dad


Oh great, this is gonna be fun, I thought. I ate a quick bagel and rushed out the door. I jumped in the old truck and cranked it up. I am surprised it even started.Then I made my way to school. I had to stop and ask directions twice!

© Copyright 2007 Kat (dream_queen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1362324-Chapter-2-of-Living-Stone-Cold