*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1363030-Sly-cooper-King-of-thieves
Rated: · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1363030
Sly and Carm take time off before having to head to Italy for another crime to stop.
Now this story is an original idea that I have put up in my mind for a while. This is a story about a thief that gave it all away just to be with the one he cared about. The characters are made, owned, and copy writ by sucker punch. This story is to be best expanded to where the characters are as alive as they can be and even about an event tragic enough to have you ponder about the next game they make. This...is Sly's story.

===============================================================

Barkley's barking is starting to become familiar with me somehow, all that spitting and wobbling of his lips in his angered state gave me a questionable thought. One thought was, what was he saying that was coming out of his mouth that was translating into gibberish in anger. Another thought was what was with the stash on his lips wriggling around like it was alive or something or some sort of fuzz worm laid there and made residence on his upper lip. Trust me, with knowing how my words sting worse than Bently's accidents with hacking hazardous computers, it's best not to say them out loud, let alone risk being canned. Still, he DOES have a REASONABLE excuse for flapping his mouth about and sputtering anger language I can't translate, but I think Carmelita can in her best wording of it all.

"Sir, I can explain everything that I can." She began, though I doubt that if Barkley wanted an explanation, he'd stop his sputtering and just sit himself down right then and there. Luckily, he gave a deep enough sigh and held his chest a bit, plopping himself down and finally giving in to good old common sense and listening in on what Carm had to say. "Sir, the culprit we tried to get was rather sneaky enough to get himself out of the way faster than we can expect. Obviously this person, from the atire, appearance, and abilities, is a man who is trying to copy and mimic the actions and antics of a comparable criminal in the past. I say we put out a warning on the streets to anyone trying to mimic such a scandalous enemy and have him arrested at the spot if he's ever seen again."

"I don't think that's the case Constable Carmelita." Barkley gruffed, the guy always did have a problem with his vocals and that living mustache of his makes it no easier to do, "I think we should just act as if it didn't happen and put you two on probation for failure to capture a criminal and damage to museum property. You should be lucky it isn't being fired for what you did if you haven't brought your so called 'evidence'." Mentioning the cane resting there on the desk of his office as we speak. My cane to be exact. My family cane was just laying right there in front of me, taunting me as if saying there's no way of escaping the fate of my bloodline as it is. Right now I'm starting to dislike my past personality by now, how I would have jumped to actually grabbing my cane and making a getaway with it to only prove I can't escape my past.

Carmelita didn't seem to give an agreeable look, though she was still quite silent in her stare. the way she stood there as if confident about her decision, and the look in her eyes proving that emotion, I tell ya there are things about her I love too much to express into anything identifiable. "Sir," she spoke clear as day, " I assure you that we had nothing to do with the failure for the ill capture of that thief. As I explained in my report earlier the chopper back up that was there took fire on us and aimed ill accurately at the enemy, thus causing him to make an escape when we tried to capture him." The part about the helicopter was a bit accurate to the point, though I don't think that it actually aimed that bad when it was aiming just fine at my double. At least, that's what I thought while listening to Carmelita talk.

Still, All her talking in the world didn't seem to make Barkley feel any better or worse about how the crime and incident went. I'd be mad to if the public thought that the interpol department was having trouble capturing a crook that apparently wanted to be caught. Wait a minute. "If he wanted to make an escape with the tablet he would have done so already. Guy like him seems sly enough to actually trigger an alarm on purpose to lure every police officer out of bed and into the crime scene just to watch him make his escape." Come on Sly, there's something wrong with what this copy cat is doing and you have to figure it out somehow. But what would this impostor want with WAITING till the police came when he had a clear exit strategy through the ventilation shaft, off the roof, and out into freedom?

Both Barkley and Carmelita turned heads towards me, apparently now taking their attention from each other to my thinking. I tell ya, I never thought this deep before ever since I was going through my family vault finding my inheritance. I say this is good exercise to me, trying to stop one master thief with another such as myself. "... The guy had a clear entry strategy, a good placement of his location, an able attempt at taking the tablet, and he just blows it by triggering the alarm and making everyone see he's stolen the tablet? Plus why would he look like this alleged criminal when he doesn't seem to actually be acting like him the right way?"

"And what would you know about the criminal constable cooper?" Barkley had to ask, as if I was going to give out my deepest secret that I'm Sly Cooper in the flesh and fur. Only time I'll ever do that is when I'm sure that Carmelita is going to stay with me no matter what, ever since all the times I had to save her over and over again. Still, I can't say who I really am to tell the truth, so why not be sly as I am and just pull out evidence of my own? With that, and a flick of the wrist, my hand went to my pack and pulled out my old case file to back up my point. "Cause really, I think you're referring to this guy right here, someone who's name is Sly Cooper right?"

I may have pushed it when I saw Carmelita's face in actual shock and a bit of worry. Again I can't imagine how she's actually worried for some reason about what I'm doing here and now. Though she yanked the file away and just gave a glare back at my face like I did something wrong, which I POSSIBLY think I did...MAYBE. "WHO gave you permission to look through my vault of files constable cooper?" She repremanded, actually wavering that file around like crazy.

I just hold my hand up, holding hers gently and giving a shrug back. "Listen to what you're saying. Constable Cooper, Sly Cooper, You're starting to make me feel like this jerk and I have a family tree or something." That got her to be quiet though, as she pulled the file back and crossed her arms, looking away trying to hide her blushing embarrasment and smidgen temper. Aw, she' so cute when she's angry.

Still, it wasn't a good move when Barkley took the file and looked at the photo that came with it and looked back at me, then the photo again. Barkley might be getting onto something if he wasn't looking flustered as it is. "Miss Carmelita Fox. Might I ask why the HELL does this crook look like constable Cooper!?" Here we go, someone's starting to get a brain cell in Interpol. Too bad it's the one with the shorter fuse than Carmelita. If you ask me, I think I get where she gets her stress from by now.

Carmelita seemed to have kept a silent composure, her stern look and solid silence only backing up the fact she might as well be saying she doesn't know. I, however, got a good alibi for her to use. "I can answer that rather briefly sir." I piped up in interrupting, properly lifting myself upright and actually putting the words right in my head as I spoke em, "I can be able to assure you that this person right here in the photo's is absolutely not me, as this person is probably trying to impersonate an officer for framing such an officer with a crime they didn't commit. As you can see though, this person has to be an impostor since he and I met one another at the roof top with a witness such as Carmelita and the chopper pilot."

I have to say, Carmelita's head turned to me quite nicely as a smirk was slowly creeping up her muzzle. That's my girl... Even Barkley's ranting went down a notch as he sat there twiddling them digits of his and muttering incoherently to himself while staring back at me and Carmelita. "Well..." he murmured, " There's still the charges with broken property and failure to capture. I will have to say that this puts me in a bad spot for trusting either of you two right now. Constable cooper I can go easy on, he's only worked here a year so far...But miss Carmelita is another story all together."

"But sir, I was trying my best out there as always and it was just complications that went up against me and my partner!" she argued back, and with good reason in my ears.

"There will be no buts in this office other than the ones that are being on probation as of this moment." He replied, though I suddenly doubletake at what he just said with that.

Though the both of us couldn't hold back a unified, exclaimed, and rather surprised, "WHAT?!"

"You two heard me!" he shot himself up on his feet while his paws held firm to the desk in front of him. I can tell from his eyes and that wriggling on his lip he ain't kidding, and that's what bothered me. "You two are staying out of sight and out of mind till I can figure out what to do with this case. In the mean time there's another one going around that I'll be preoccupying with for the moment."

"You mean another crime that's BIGGER than the tablet heist?" Carm interrupted, more like asked blatantly in confusion. I was rather curious myself.

"Ya see, there's this thief going around that appears to be trying to steal all products of cleansing and cleaning so far, not to mention raiding the banks and stinking up the place with some sort of unknown odor. Police from here have interpreted that this kind of stink is from a skunk citizen whom apparently has ways of using that smell to their advantage.
© Copyright 2007 JulioandRena (julio at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1363030-Sly-cooper-King-of-thieves