*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1363900-The-Last-Days
by garet
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Drama · #1363900
This is set in poland. 1942. It's about a Jewish teenager fighting for his life
"Wake up Yahusa!" Was what he heard.
So starts yet another day in hiding from the SS, Josh sits up and trys his best to get ready for his shift as gard.
"Dad, please you have got to start calling me Josh! If you say Yahasua, in front of the German's thats the end of us all!"
Hi's father being 64 with graying hair simple looks down at Josh and says.
"No matter what happens you'll always be Yahasua, to me." While smiling weakly.
"Sorry for snaping at you, get some rest. Is it Kira's turn next or is it Mom's?"
"Kira's but be easy on her" he says while looking over at his 18 year old daughter and finish's with a sigh saying. " You know ever since she lost Benjamin, she's just never been the same."
"I know. I wish this Nazi movement never started." Josh replys thinking back to how easy life was before the war started.
He had school, Temple, and a girlfriend, but now everything has changed.
His girlfriend was shiped to one of the death camps.
Temple now was trying to remember what he learned over his life.
and school that was something of the past.
Yahasua Shalul, is one of the few Jew's on the run from the Nazi's.
At age 17 the greatest evil he knew of up to now was Molach, the Demon lord that is in the Torha.
As his father walked of to sleep in his corner of the house that they have chosen to hide in Josh begens to walk towards the peep hole in the wall over looking the front door.
At 5'9 he could simply sit in front of the hole.
Looking out at the streat he saw the toal of this war, bodys lining the street in heaps and burned houses like the one they are in.
"Yet another beautiful day in Poland." He mumbles out, as the hours drag on josh begins to get hungry and sees yet again that they are runing out of food.
'I can't let my family starve' he thinks to himself, 'There's got to be something I can do.'
Josh thinking of his family before himself writes a small note saying.
"Kira do not to wake Dad, I know that this is a bad idea but I can't see you, mom, and dad go hungry anymore. I will be back I promise you! love Josh."
With that he started out the burned house being careful not to let anyone see where he came from.
His plan was to go to a few of the few food stores hoping that there was some food left in the pantrys.
It was snowing like a normal winter in Poland, but you could feel and smell death in the air.
Josh started down the backstreats hoping that they would be left ungarded.
He walked at lest a mile through roting corpse's and blood stained walkway's before he came to the first place on his list.
'Good old Goldstien always keep food hiden in the back.' He thinks to himself.
he checked the streat and it seemed clear at the time being.
He ran across the street and found the door locked, fearing that someone might spot him he makes a bold move and kicks the door in. 'I hope this pays off in the end.' He thinks.
And after about thity minutes of searching it does, he found what he was looking for the secret stash of food Goldstien keep for his family. "Adoni please forgive me, but they are hungry." he says before stealing the last bit of food.
He wraped up his findings and started back home with a smile on his face.
About halfway back he heard a gun shot and stayed still, holding his breath knowing that, that was a rifile just by the sound it made.
He waited around ten more minutes to know that the danger was far gone.
Josh toke a deep breath and brussed his dark bloned hair away from his eyes and began his trip back yet again.
As he came to a cross street he saw the victim of this attack, she was about 30 from what he could tell, she was beatin quite badly, and was striped of her clothes.
After composing himself he continued to walk, then the thought came to mind. 'If I heard that shot two blocks down then Mama, and Dad may have woken up!'
Now breaking into a run he traveled as fast as he could towards where they were.
Then he heard yet another shot this time fearing that it was one of his own and not a stanger.
He finaly made it back but what he saw huanted him for the rest of his days.
Hi's father and sister was lined up while his mother was laying in a pool of her own blood.
"Is there anymore of you Jew's in that shit house?" Said a Nazi comander while aiming it at his fathers chest.
"No we're the last in our line."
"Hmmm.. is that the case? Then I shale make sure you can join your family in hell." As he spoke this he fired two shots.
One at his father.
And one at his sister.
He wanted to scream but couldn't, as if his own voice betrayed him.
He droped his sack of food and walked backwards down the walkway and colapsed in tears as he has just seen hi's family killed before hi's own eyes.
Seconds turned into minutes.
Minutes into hours.
And hours into what seemed to be days.
What stoped hi's crying for only a second was the sound of boots that was coming towards him.
Not waiting to exist anymore because in his mind he killed his family not the Nazi's.
'If only I didn't go out' was runing through his mind none stop, as the fresh images still stayed in hi's head.
As he stood he decided to walk to this soldier and have him end hi's pain.
Walking around the corner he finds the sourch of the sounds, A SS solider keeping warm by a fire turn to see him.
"What the hell are you doing here?" He says as he takes his gun of hi's soulder.
"Anwser me!" But all Josh heard was the sound of his father voice and the look in Kira's eyes as they layed dying.
"Anwser!" The German shouts yet again as Josh continued walking towards him.
He heard the bullet fire but felt no pain as he fell to the ground.
Hi's vison begin's to fade as he saw the German one last time.
He said something but Josh could not understand him, as the rifile was pointed one last time at his head all he could think was 'I'm sorry' with tear in hi's eyes as the rifile fired one last time.
© Copyright 2007 garet (garet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1363900-The-Last-Days