*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1364977-Half-Breed
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1364977
Four races.Three prophecies.Two wars.One world to rule.Who will be the last race standing?
Chapter One: Part One

The darkness of the night covered the horizon of the world. Clouds covered the skies as darkened shadows followed their counter parts into temporarily deserted homes. There was a sweet scent of fruits and flowers in the air. The winds whistled a ghostly rhythm to the village and a cold chill spread itself over the land. A girl carrying the labor of her day in a basket walked towards her home as she heard rustling in the distance from the wind. She stopped and silently took a deep breath, looking around, reassuring herself that it was only in her imagination. She continued her lonely walk towards her home, which was again cut short. This time, the ruslting of the trees and even the padding of feet wasn't enough to convince the girl that there was nothing following her. Eyes widened, muscles tightened with fear, she looked around. Her heart began to race as her breathing rate picked up. Her breathing overlapped the whistling winds until her breathing was all she could hear. She began to pace faster towards her home, alert for any suspicious sounds or movements she might hear or see. Small growls and hisses could be heard not too far from where she was and they were quickly manuevering towards her. Suddenly, her fear broke lose as she dropped the basket carrying fruits and vegetables and ran to the closest house. As the basket hit the ground, a suculent crunch could be heared from the fruits and vegetables ricochet off the basket and smash onto the ground. Rushing towards the nearest cot, her efforts were halted. As she tried to avoid her imminent fate, a pale creature with tattered clothes, glowing eyes, and sharp teeth leaped from out a tree. It screamed a sharpening cry as the girl was taken to the ground. The sound of flesh cutting echoed for a split second. The scent of blood filled the air, killing off the sweet scent before it as the girl's last cry awoke the silent homes into a deafening nightmare. 

© Copyright 2007 Charles Boland (chuckyb2006 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1364977-Half-Breed