*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1365281-A-Nanny-For-Three-Chapter-Two
Rated: 18+ · Novella · Comedy · #1365281
chapter 2 of the book
Twenty minutes later, Savannah called and set up an interview with Felicity and Eric Knight. They lived about thirty minutes away from her in the parish of St. Philip. Savannah was very excited.
"Oh please let me get this job." She sent up a silent prayer. She went to the bathroom and got a shower. When she finished, she went to her room and found a baby pink suite to wear. The skirt fell three inches below her knees. She applied lipgloss and placed her hair in a loose ponytail, letting it fall to the middle of her back. She found a pair of pink flat heel shoes and was ready to be on her way.

  It was a lovely Monday afternoon. The sky was blue and not a hint of a cloud was to be seen. Savannah took a deep breath and breathed in the rich aroma of the roses and the hot dog stand near the roads. A group of boys occupied a corner playing road tennis. Savannah watched them play while she waited for the bus to arrive. She waited about fifteen minutes before the bus arrived. She paid her fare and took her seat. She looked through the glass of the window watching the scenary go by in a blurr.

  Finally the bus came to her stop. Savannah made her way to the door. Before she could make it clear from the bus she tripped on the bottom step and fell head first onto the grassy bank.
"Are you okay there miss?" The driver asked trying his best not to laugh. Savannah's cheeks burned red with embarrassment.
"Yes I'm fine thanks. Just a little bruise." She got up and dusted the dirt off of her clothes.
"You're not gonna sue me or nothin' right?" He asked. His voice heavy with his Bajan accent.
"Oh no sir. It was entirely my clutzy fault. I just need to pay more attention to where I'm going next time." She said reassuringly. The driver gave a sigh of relief and closed the bus door and went on his way.

  Savannah turned and walked over to the two-story house Mrs. Knight had described to her. It was painted in lilac with fencing surrounding it. In the veranda, there were hanging flower baskets with white roses in them. Under the windows were rowa and rows of red rose bushes. Okay someone has an obsession here. Savannah waled up the drive and passed two 2007 Maybach 57 cars. One blue and the other black. Oh, wow and they're loaded too. She went up to the french doors and rang the doorbell. She was greeted with a blast of heavy metal music and a small framed girl with spiky short black hair.

  She light brown in complexion with dark brown eyes. She wore alot of make-up that made her look as if she was ready to join the circus. Black eye liner rimmed her eyes and black lipstick on her lips. She wore a black t-shirt with a skull on the front and a pair of tight fitting black jeans completed with a pair of black combact boots. A sour expression was on her face.
"Woah, did somebody died?" Savannah asked trying to break the ice. The girl looked at her with a bored expression and arched her eyebrow.
"What do you want?" She said in a dull tone. Okay that didn't work.
"Um yes. I'm here to see Mrs. Knight about the nanny job." Savannah said staring at the girl.
"We don't need no nanny." She was about to slam the door when a voice shouted, "Mary-Ann Knight, if you shut that door I'll burn all your devil music."

  Around the corner came a classically beautiful woman. She was a brown-skin lady with curly shoulder length aurburn hair. She had dark deep-set eyes that shone with playful mirth towards her daughter. She was really tall compared to Savannah and slender. She wore a blue pants suit with matching high heel boots that made her legs seem to go on forever.
"Oh yeah mom, real mature." Mary-Ann said. She side-stepped her mother and went down the hall to what seemed her room, then there was the sound of a door slamming. Mrs. Knight turned to Savannah and held out her hand.
"Hi, I'm sorry about my daughter. She's going through that awkward teenage phase. I'm Felicity Knight. You must be Savannah." She gave a friendly smile and shook her hand.

"Nice to meet you Ms. Knight."
"Oh please my dear don't make me sound so old. Call me Felicity. Come in and let's get this over with." She moved to the side so Savannah could enter. Inside took her breath away. It was so beautiful. The walls were painted a soft peach giving it a gentle feel. Paintings from famous artists hung on the walls. A giant antique vase stood in the corner. In the hallway above them, hung a giant crystal chandelier glittering in the light. To sum it up, the house was simply beautiful.

Savannah followed Felicty into the den where a short, robust, Caucasian man sat in a recliner watching television.
"Honey, the next applicant is here." she said walking over to her husband. Mr. Knight rose and stood next to his wife. Talk about opposites attract. Where Ms. Knight was tall and petite, Mr. Knight barely came to her shoulder and looked like a rounded pumpkin. He wasn't a bad looking guy. He had brown hair streaked with white giving him a distinguished look. His eyes were a sparkling blue and he had a dimpled smile with very nice teeth. His cheeks were tinged with pink, giving him a jolly look.
"Hi there missy I'm Eric." He took her hand and gave her a hearty hand shake.
"Hello sir, nice to meet you."
"Good. Have a seat and let's begin." Eric indicated to a chair behind her for her to be seated in. Felicity sat next to her husband.
"So give us a little background about you Savannah."
"Well I'm twenty-five years old, my parents died when i was young and i grew up in an orphanage. I have a secondary school education and CXCs in English, Biology and Home Economics . I'm a very hardworking person. I'm always on time and I'm very reliable." She ended with a smile.
"I'm sorry to hear about your parents dear." Felicity said giving her a pitiful look. On the other side Mr Knight Looked very impressed with her credentials.
"Very nice Savannah. I especially like that you have Home Ec." he said.
"Thank you."
"How well do children relate to you?" Felicty asked
"Well they respond to me very well. I love interacting with them and helping them learn stuff. At the orphanage, the little ones always looked up to me for advice and if they had problems they always come to me." The Knights nodded.
"Will you be able to create a safe and caring environment for my kids when I'm not around?" Eric asked.
"Yes most definately. I believe that safety should come first. As for caring, I shall love and nurture your kids as if they were my own. I will not disrespect them in anyway."

They both looked impressed with her answer. They turned to each other and mumbled something. Savannah was getting antsy. She hoped it wasn't anything bad.
"We have a strict rule on not hitting our children. How would you discipline them?"
"Well i would punish them fairly by taking away any privileges they have. I would send them to there rooms and let them think about what they have done or i would sit down with them and discuss what they had done." They nodded in agreement.
"Are you qualified in CPR and First Aid?"
"Yes. I always keep a kit with me present at all times. I know the Heimlich maneuver and I will always watch for signs of any sickness or ailment."
"I think she's perfect hon. there's something about her that i like." Eric said. Felicity nodded. Savannah sent a silent prayer of thanks to the head of the orphanage that gave her all those babysitting jobs while she was there.
"Ten people have came here already and didn't impress us like you did." Felicity stated.
"Pay will be between $250 per week plus christmas bonuses. We will supply you with your own beeper and cellphone incase of emergencies. We will also have a car available."
"You will also have medical benefits and your own guest room equip with everything you need. Is all this to your liking?" Was she kidding? Hell yeah. Savannah's mind whirled with everything Felicity had just told her.
"Yes! Uh...I mean yes it is."
"So when can you start?" Did she just hear Mr.Knight right?
"I'm sorry, what?" she asked shocked.
"You got the job dear." Felicity said.
"I got the- -I got the job!" Savannah squealed with joy. She lept from the chair with joy and squashed them both in a hug.
"Oh thank you, thank you. I can start as early as tomorrow." Wow today was definately her day. The Knights gave a laugh and hugged her back.
"I think you're a breath of fresh air for us. So young and full of life." Felicity said with a smile. Savannah stepped away from the couple giving them a chance to stand.
"I'll try my best not to disappoint you both."

"Oh we know you won't. Come early tomorrow morning so we can go over the schedules and you can meet the rest of the kids." Felicity said. They walked her towards the front door. Savannah turned to them.
"Thanks again."
"Don't mention it. See you tomorrow dear."
"Bye"
"Goodbye" They both said. They closed the dorr behind her.
"Very nice girl don't you think?" Eric asked pulling his wife close into his embrace.
"Oh I think this one is going to be with us for a very long time." She clasped her hands behind his head and indulged herslef with one of his heated kisses.

Outside Savannah was walking down the driveway on cloud nine. That is until she walked into a steamy hot pile of dog poop.
"Aw dammit"
© Copyright 2007 Tamstar (tamstarqueen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1365281-A-Nanny-For-Three-Chapter-Two