*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1366194-A-Christmas-Story
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1366194
A short story originally set as a gift to all who love to write with their imagination
On a cold dreary night we settled with a warm fire light. Our books in hand, a hot toddy on the side table with a cinnamon stick. A gentle nod, the soft fire glowed as the books slowly layed aside.

Eyes opened slowly. A tinkle tinkle nearby. A shadow appeared within the peripheral, not cast by the dimming fire light. A miniature dark figure layed a computer under a tree. A box opened and contents laid about. Writing utensils laid about, pads of paper stacked in several piles. Brand new editions of Roget's Thesauruses laid atop, dictionaries of general, and science information appeared.

The list of writing apparatus continued to appear, several stacks neatly laid. Atop each a hand written note.

Merry Christmas, the alien of dreams has cast your wish.

The dark figure gently tossed about, a white hand appeared above the dying embers, a red sleeve just behind. A pointy eared, green scaled, devilish creature leaped into the hand. Wistfully vanished up into the chimney.

A quick patter of tapping on the roof, a heavy rub which quickly vanished, bells heard as they receded into the cold night sky.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!

© Copyright 2007 ImagineTryingToLearnToBeSingle (shamae at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1366194-A-Christmas-Story