*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1367126-Bothersome-Romance
Rated: 18+ · Poetry · Romance/Love · #1367126
About the battle between love or not to love a best friend
Water, life, blue, smooth, rough, wide, deep. As the waves pull me further out toward the horizon, I fight and struggle to go back to the shore. These waves are so strong, they leave a numb and lethargic feeling. A feeling that makes me want to give in more, but also fight a little more. The lighthouse on the rocky shore reflects the path of light away from the ocean's center, but also straight into it. I am a sailor stuck at sea, unsure of whether to let the waves take me or to oppose their thrusts onto my feeble body. I have been out at sea for four years and these waves never seem to change. They passionately absorb me and later move away from me. It is a consistent motion that has always been this way.
Romance is embedded in each wave.
Over and over the waves keep drawing nearer and nearer to me.
Breaking open my body and revealing my soul and my love for the ocean.
Every day the response of the waves against me give me hope.
Reminiscing on the first day I fell in love with the ocean and never really felt lost. Together we embrace life and depend on each other,  its keeping me alive as I acknowledge its beauty and strength.
Once I truly accept the ocean and we become one, I no longer have the fear of being alone because as long as I am with the ocean, life has just begun. 
© Copyright 2007 Love for Life (grandmaj15 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1367126-Bothersome-Romance