*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1367152-Black-and-White
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1367152
About interracial relationships
"Yin and Yang, Fire and Water, BLACK and WHITE", shouted Darnell as loud as his strained voice of protest would allow him to reach. As he stood in front of the crowd of strangers, he searched through each individuals' eyes and noticed the similar expression of confusion and anger. "What is wrong with combining the two?, or better yet why not put yourselves in their shoes" Darnell persisted. The courtroom became silent, all that was heard was the pleading of a young, African-American voice that wanted justice. As he paraded back and forth, stretching his hands out to the jury, he poured out his heart to the racial assortment seated in the jury box. Outside the courtroom, poachers were hunting pigeons and preserving white doves. Darnell ran out the courtroom at the first sound of the shotgun and pushed down the rifle from the hunter's hands. "What is the purpose of separating the two kinds? They survived well together and made great company with each other. Why must the pigeon be put down, is it not as unique as the white dove? Despite their differences, they are both birds". The hunters disappeared and Darnell made his way back into the building, but it had become vacant with no judge, jury, or audience. Suddenly, a young, white female moved closer to him and placed her arms around him as they laid in bed and said "Good morning honey, so did you enjoy last night?" As Darnell lay there pondering about what had occured the night before, he couldn't help but think about the intense dream he just had. "Why did I randomly have this dream? The last time I had a racial dream was the night before I got married." It all became clear to him when he remembered that his wife mentioned, the previous night, that she was pregnant. He feared that his newborn would have to endure the torment that he went through when he chose to be married to a white woman. He was still a black man afterwards, but his newborn's complexion would be a permanent mark representing its grey background.
© Copyright 2007 Love for Life (grandmaj15 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1367152-Black-and-White