*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1368191-What-will-you-do
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Short Story · Inspirational · #1368191
This is an inspirational piece...
She walks the streets destitute.  Longing for a home she catches the eye of anyone who will look her way, but none do.  Many walk past her and take no notice.  The cold wind of winter bears down upon her.  She pulls the collar of her tattered, worn coat closer around the nap of her neck.  The thread bare gloves upon her hands no longer cover the tips of her fingers leaving them exposed to the bitter cold.  She blows warm air into her palms hoping to revive the feeling in her hands and eventually to the rest of her cold body.  Will she find someone who will take her in and provide for her?  Or will she be left in the streets once again on a deep, cold night?  She stops at a home where the lights in the windows speak of warmth and comfort.  She knocks upon the door and waits.  Once more she knocks upon the door and waits with longing.  No one answers.  She moves on.  There is another door.  It is a great oak door.  Very well maintained and decorated with a holly wreath of green leaves and red berries.  It speaks of home.  She knocks once again upon this door.  The wind is darting about in and out of the corners.  She can see her breath as it is forced from her warm body into the air.  It floats upward in visible steam but soon cools and disappears into the night air.  Still people pass the stoop where she stands with no notice of her.  No one seems to be home.  When will she find lodging?  Will she find it tonight?  Her name?  Opportunity.  Many pass her by each day.  Very few look her in the eye and take her in.  Those who do find her worth everything for which they provide her.  She brings inspiration, wealth and blessing.

Will you see her when you are on the streets of your town?  Or are you busy with the day to day responsibilities that you will miss her.  If you see her and catch her eye she will smile at you.  She will then walk with you to your home or business and take up residence with you.  You will be blessed by her companionship.  She will go with you to any endeavor you choose to pursue.  She will inspire, ignite, and move you to excellence.  Take her by the hand and walk with her.  Let her guide you in 2008.  Don't leave her in the cold but look for her whereever you go...if you have not yet found her.  I wish you luck in your search of opportunity...she is waiting.
© Copyright 2007 scribbler67 (picaso7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1368191-What-will-you-do