*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1369503-Left-out
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Drama · #1369503
finally finished!(:
She walked down the hall to the cafeteria. No, it wasn't lunch, but advisory. She had monday advisory in the cafeteria because her normal teacher had tutorials for the challenged students who didn't get the fact science was easy. Anyway, she walked down the hall, and the bell had rang already. She didn't care, she was always late. The gym coach who watched over the kids favored her for some strange reason, he was nice and funny...but a little perverted at times. At this point she didn't care.

When she walked into the cafeteria, all the students from her class were standing around the table where coach O'Keefe sat. They were being checked in so he knew everyone was here. She pulled herself over there, in a bad mood. She knew why, wouldn't admit it though. She stood behind Jake who was last in line. He turned around to see her, nodded the funny guy nod. When they looked like a retarded chicken? Yeah that one. She just nodded normally and he gave the coach his name.

"Hey Crow." Coach O'Keefe said.

"Hi. I'm here." Then Allie dragged her backpack to the table where the guys sat. Lately Nikki and Caitlin had been stocking her, but she didn't mind Caitlin. Nikki on the other hand...don't go there. The guys who sat there were her best friend Andrew, Joe, Jake and Arthur when he wasn't in tutorials. Joe was a big perv, but she got used to him a long time ago. Jake was just, Jake. He was real nice or was a real snot. Usually, this year at least, he was a cool dude. Arthur...He was a bitch who had a crush on Allie, but he wasn't very attractive in the least bit. Also he was even more perverted than Joe. Andrew and Nikki were recently dating. And Allie was treated by Nikki as the messenger when she couldn't talk to Andrew. Lately, Andrew has just been, well retarded. Caitlin was about the nicest and funniest girl you could meet. Her and Allie had the funniest inside jokes and were best friends.

She sat down, last to sit. She sat across from Joe, Andrew next to Nikki. Allie was next to Andrew and across from Jake. Caitlin was not here today. Bummer.

"Soooo...." Allie said, watching Andrew and Nikki hold hands. She looked away rolling her eyes. "What's up?"

Jake shrugged then asked, "Why did you call a lot over the break?"

"Oh. I called three times, that's not a lot. But yeah to tell you how they are going out." When she said they, it was a bitter word and she tilted her head to point to the lovely new couple. When she thought this she almost barfed inside her mouth, but she held it back.

Joe looked confused. "Since when did this happen?"

Nikki looked away from staring at Andrew. "Over the break. Christmas eve." Andrew nodded, he for some reason was not wanting to talk to anyone but his new girlfriend.

"Yeah...Soooo...What did you guys do?" Allie aimed the question at Joe and Jake, not wanting to talk to the love birds.

"I went out of town that's why I didn't answer the phone." Jake replied.

"Oh. I thought so." Allie said quietly.

There was a long silence. Then Joe suddenly spoke. "Hey, Allie and Jake we should go to Mrs. Stevens room. There is nothing to do here anyway."

"Kay that's cool with me." Allie said quickly, wanting to leave soon as possible. Jake nodded and stood up. The three lied to the coach saying they needed a science book for their homework and rushed out of the cafeteria.

~~~

"Dear Lord I'm glad we left," Allie admitted while the three of them walked quietly down the hallway.

"Yeah, what was up with you in there?" Jake asked, completely confused.

Allie shook her head, and then Jake and Joe just looked at each other, still utterly confused. She looked up and began to speak, "Well you both know how I hate Nikki with a burning passion right?" They both quickly nodded. Everyday she would talk to them, if Nikki ever came up in the conversation, she would clearly state why she thought that girls was a bitch. "And you know how me and Andrew are like best friends right?" They both nodded again, trying to follow along. Allie sighed, "Well I think he might get hurt by her. She has always had relationship problems, all started from her. I don't want her to hurt him. Plus, I don't want to lose Andrew as my friend, because Nikki would gladly tell me not to talk to him again. Oh and also she now thinks she has won."

The two boys just blankly stared at her. Joe nodded and said, "I got everything until the her winning part."

"Same, what the hell does that mean?" Jake questioned,

Allie sighed again, "Well...Andrew used to like me and I used to like him...And Nikki knew he liked me, but I don't think she knew I liked him. And now, she thinks he has moved on to better things, like her. Goodness...She thinks he has won. She thinks guys are a contest."

Jake just stared with his mouth open. He finally closed it and spoke, "What the fuck?"

"Yeah I know.." Allie whispered holding back tears. "I don't know what to do..."

Jake put a hand on her shoulder. "You like him don't you?"

"NO!" Allie turned and screeched. Jake was shocked, but then understood.

"Allie. You do. Just admit it.." Joe said.

"No...I don't like him anymore, he is just my friend. That's it." Allie frowned. She knew she was lying to herself. She had liked Andrew since the second she met him. Same for him as well...But for a while, they grew apart. Then Allie realized what a dumbass she had been for letting him slip away, and they became the best of friends. Then one day in advisory before Christmas break...Andrew talked to Nikki the whole time..And he completely ignored Allie...The girl he "used to" like...Now she had no idea what was happening...He always used to make fun of Nikki with Allie...How she was dumb and stupid and blonde and a whore and easy, the list goes on for hours. But now, Allie had no idea what was happening.

Jake frowned and looked at Allie. He opened his mouth to speak, but then closed it. Joe just looked down at his feet. In a few seconds they were at Mrs. Stevens door. They sighed.

Allie looked at the guys. "Hey, we should go have some fun!" She smiled, trying to forget the pain. "Let's go play some football outside! Joe don't you have a football in your locker?"

"Hah yeah! Alright let's do it." Joe smiled. Jake nodded.

They turned around and sped up, racing to Joes locker. They snatched the football then raced out to the side of the school, where there was no windows. They tossed the ball around. The two boys tackling each other, then finally Allie joined in too.

Laughter spread through the air, until they heard tapping on the concrete. Joe turned around and saw the vice principal, Mrs. Brodt. He stood still then Jake and Allie turned. Allie gasped. "Shit."

~~~

She laid on her bed, cold and still. She hadn't eaten for days. Her stomache felt like it had been squeezed tight through a tube. She turned her head to the blank white wall. For the past week she had been "sick" with the flu instead of going to school just to have in-school-suspention. Then she peered down at her shirt, it was extremely baggy, she pulled it up and saw bone with skin attacked. "Goodness Im disgusting, no wonder Andrew is going out with Nikki..." She pronounced Nikki with coldly. She sat up. "Jealously is a disgusting feeling too. A disgusting emotion. It shouldn't exis-" She was about to finish her sentence, but her phone began to ring. She had been screening all her calls, but for once she looked at her cruddy silver razor. The name "Andrew :)" came up in blue...

She flipped open the phone. "WHAT DO YOU WANT?" She almost yelled, and said with an additude.

"Allie? Why haven't you been in school? You haven't returned my texts or calls! Whats going on beautiful?"

"Don't call me that. Im not."

"Your beautiful Allie and you always will be." Andrew said, she could hear the smile in his voice.

Allie began to laugh, except the laugh was more an evil snicker. "Yeah and your dating Nikki yet you say Im beautiful??? That makes total sence."

There was a pause. "I thought so..." Allie whispered, just about to close the phone when she heard him mutter something. "What did you say?"

"I love you." He said, a little louder this time.

She said nothing. She couldn't breathe. This took a few seconds, then she gasped a painful breath, stabbing her in the chest.

"I love you too. Now what?"

~~~

The next day: Friday

Allie walking to her bus stop, just as the bus was rushing now the street. Allie had her head down, kicking a rock as she trudged to the crowd of people trying to be first in line to get on the yellow twinky. The girls standing on the corner turned when they saw Allie walking up to the stop. They all pointed and whispered until Allie got up to the corner, then Isabella asked her something.

"Where have you been all week?" She asked, her eyes full of concern. Betsy and Brooke looked the same. Even Betsy's little sister was staring at her confused.

"I was sick," Allie lied. Well it wasn't all a lie, she felt pretty sick.

"Oh, we heard you had ISS and were just ditching," Brooke stated.

"Lies," Allie muttered, then before Betsy could share her statement the bus rolled up and Allie ran up the steps and to the back of the bus. She plopped down and put in her headphones before anyone could terrorize her with questions.

~~~

The school day was long and difficult, ISS was boring. She finished all her work for english, history and science within a few hours. After lunch she finished her algebra and spanish work. She had finished a weeks worth of school work in one day. Probably because she wanted to keep her mind from other things...

At the end of the day, something she thought would never happen happened. Mrs. Rose the ISS teacher, said Allie could leave ISS early since she was being good and that Jake and Joe vouched for her. Really? Why would they vouch for ME? Haha it was my idea to go play football...

It happened to be the end of eighth period, and by the time she packed up her backpack and shut her locker the bell rang. She had to go to advisory now, the last place she wanted to be.

She dragged herself down the hall, ignoring the enormous amount of kids asking her questions. "What's wrong?", "I thought you had ISS?", "Were you really sick?".
She wanted to scream at them to leave her alone, but she held it in. She was in Mrs. Stevens room before she knew it, the first person she saw was Andrew sitting on a black metal table talking to who else, but Nikki. She closed her eyes for a second, then continued to walk to her seat. Joe and Jake saw her and rushed up.

"Hey guys, thanks so much for vouching for me. Mrs. Rose let me out early since I finished all my work." Allie smiled.

"No problem," Joe smiled and put his hand on her shoulder. "We missed you, what happened?"

"I was sick," Allie said, looking at the table. She felt very bad for lying to them, but she had no choice.

"Well hope you feel better." Jake said and smiled then the two walked back to their table as the tardy bell rang. Allie hung her head, not listening to whatever Mrs. Stevens was babbling about. She talks a little too much sometimes. Allie just though to herself, holding back tears. Then she felt two strong warm hands on her shoulders. She turned around and saw Andrew standing right behind her. She saw him smiling so wide, his green eyes sparkling in the luminescent lighting. She caught her heart in her throat and couldn't speak nor breathe for a second, then just as she was about to speak he said something.

"I missed you."

Allie's expression was blank, "Really? I missed you too."

"Yes of course, advisory was boring without you."

Allie coughed, though she was trying to sustain a scoffing laugh. She coughed hard and couldn't stop. She felt her chest tighten and her body tried to make her regurgitate, but there was nothing in her stomach.

Andrew's face filled with fear, "Allie, Allie are you okay?!" He asked putting his hands on the side of her face. A few seconds later, the pain passed, and she quit coughing hoarsely. She looked up at his face, his eyes looked as if he was in pain too.

"Im fine, just still a little sick is all," Allie frowned.

He looked deeply concerned, then said "Okay," while sitting down in the empty chair next to her. "Allie I need to talk to you about this whole crazy mess I've made."

Allie looked at the table again then nodded. "Alright start talking then." She wasn't angry, but in her voice you could hear the hurt.

He took one of her hands, "Im so sorry I hurt you, I didn't know this would affect you the way it did. Im so sorry this is all my fault, and I know you will try to find a way to blame yourself but don't. It's not your fault at all." He took a deep breath.

Allie nodded, and tears welled up in her eyes. She looked up at him, seeing her best friend who she was totally in love with. He looked like he was stabbed in the heart when he saw the tears roll down her face. He grabbed her and hugged her so tight, and she quietly cried on his shoulder. "I'm so sorry," He whispered into her ear, then kissed it.

~~~

The whole time during advisory Andrew and Allie talked, laughing and smiling. No one bothered them, not even Nikki! As they stacked up the chairs minutes before their time was up and it was time to go home, Andrew looked at Nikki then frowned. Allie looked confused, but didn't have a chance ask what wrong. The tardy bell rang, and Andrew turned to Allie.

"Meet me by the seventh grade bathrooms in a few minutes okay? I have to do something."

Allie nodded, completely perplexed by his odd behavior. He rushed out the door running after someone, who? She could only guess. She looked at the clock then slowly walked out of the room.

~~~

She sat on the side of the wall for about ten minutes. Ugh I missed my bus. Great. Thanks a lot Andrew. She was just about to stand up and start walking home when she saw him turn the corner and run up to her. She jumped up and fell into his arms. She looked up and him smiling, not even caring that she would have to walk about two miles to get home.

"Allie can I ask you something?" He asked slyly.

"Andrew you just did." She said poking his nose.

"Well can I ask you something else?" He asked again, poking her nose back.

"I suppose that wouldn't do any harm," She joked. "What is it?"

He paused a moment, not able to quit smiling. Then he looked deep into her brown eyes and asked, "Will you be my girlfriend?"

Allie couldn't breathe. She had her mouth open so wide, smiling as if she was suddenly immortal. Tears filled her eyes, blurring her vision. He wiped her eyes for her and she nodded, not able to speak.

Then he leaned in, putting his lips on hers. Soft gentle and slow, but a slight edge to it giving her butterflies in her stomach. When they tore apart she couldn't help but smile so big. He was smiling too, but a few seconds later he frowned. She was confused, then he answered the question in her head.

"There is only one thing. This summer, Im moving back to Oklahoma."





There was three weeks of school left.






The end.
© Copyright 2008 danish.flowers (danish.flowers at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1369503-Left-out