*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1346233-Sparkling-Blue-Eyes
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Teen · #1346233
Allie meets this boy, and what happens is strange and compelling.
Allie walked in the school. The theatre production of "The Boy's Next Door" and "Do Not Go Gentle" had just ended. She jumped right off the the ground and walked straight to the other side of the auditorium. Her Dad was standing there talking to her Aunt Sandy. Umm...That's strange....I thought my dad was dead. Allie thought about that, but she didn't keep her head on it for a long time for she didn't care. I mean, if you thought someone was dead but really not, who's going to complain? She headed straight for the two when she ran head on into this boy. She was knocked over.

"Hey watch it!" She yelled at the boy, while rubbing her head. He kneeled over and touched her head.

"Are you okay?" He asked. His voice was gentle, but strong. Allie looked up and saw the boy. He had thick blond hair with light sparkling blue eyes. She stared deep and began to stutter.

"I-I-I'm fine." She stood up. Allie turned around and started to walk back to her dad and aunt but the boy took her arm. His grip again was strong, but gentle.

"Hey. What's your name?" He asked. His voice was light as a feather.

Allie turned around and saw him. He was smiling with pearly whites, a smile so familier but different. "Allie. My name is Allie." She giggled.

"I'm Brent." They smiled until Allie began to hear her father and her aunt whispering about her.

"I'm sorry but I have to go." She took a last look then turned away. She ran up to her dad and gave him a big hug. He was surprised but didn't mind. I missed you... When she let go her aunt began to speak.

"Allie, why don't you go talk to that boy!" She giggled. Her aunt Sandy was one of the nicest persons you could ever meet, but when it came to boys, she wasn't the brightest.

"Nahh. He's not my type." Allie lied.

"Go on!" She pushed her and she came up inches from Brent. He seemed to be looking in circles over the crowds for something.

"Hi Brent, what are you looking for?" Allie asked cautiously.

"My little sister! She's gone! I think when I bumped into you she ran up the stairs to the tower!" He turned around and looked her in the eyes. "I need to find her." He was freaking out, and looked as if he was about to cry, but Allie could tell he wasn't going to. You could tell he could cry, but wasn't going to. While showing his sensitive side, and being manly at the same time.

"Let me help you look for her. Come on let's go up the tower." They began to run across the auditorium to the stairs. The stairs were squarely twisted, and many floors. They ran up the stairs and as they got closer to the top, Brent took Allie's hand and whispered to her.

"I don't want you to fall." He smiled and Allie blushed. They got to the top and saw a little girl at the edge of the floor. She held a stuffed bunny and was looking over the edge of the tower, at the beach.

"MEL!" Brent let go of Allie's hand and ran to his baby sister. She twisted around and he took her in his arms. "Don't ever scare me like that again!" He whispered to her. Mel giggled. He put her back down, then said, "Allie, this is my sister Mel. Mel this is Allie."

"Hello." Allie smiled. Mel just stared and smiled. She got nervous, so she hid behind Brent's legs.

"She's just shy." He smiled. Then he walked over to Allie with Mel tailing behind. They began to walk down the steps of the stairs. All three held hands, Mel in the middle. Halfway down, Mel began to chatter to Allie like they were best friends. Allie smiled and agreed, talking as much as the little girl. The whole time Brent was blushing.

When they got to the bottom, Mel ran off to her mom who was waiting by the snack table. The two were alone. Silence. Until-

"Um Allie.." Brent said.

"Yes?!" She replied hopefully.

"I know we just met, but I feel close to you. I don't know...But do you want to walk over to the beach?"

"Sure! Of course Brent!" She blushed. Then giggled. They began to trot out of the building and outside. The beach was not far off, past the dunes. They walked, hand in hand to the beach, where they saw many kids they knew. Smiling they sat in the center of the crowd. Erica, Courtney, Jamie, Laura and many others from Allie's school sat with their feet in the water. Brent and Allie sat next to each other in silence, until one girl Allie did not know walked up to them.

"Hey Brent." The blond girl flirted. "How are you these days?" She had emerald eyes, and huge bahumas. She wore a tight shirt and short shorts. She looked like a modern day slut.

"Oh hi Clarissa." He mumbled out. He looked annoyed. Allie could read his emotions oh too well.

"Who is this?" Clarissa snorted. "This crap-haired, mosquito bite, whore?" She pointed right at Allie.

Allie was stunned. She glared Clarissa straight in the eye and gave her a look of torment, she was just about to cuss her out when Brent stepped in.

"Clarissa, this is Allie, my new girlfriend. So just get over it bitch, I dumped you."

Clarissa turned bright red with fury. The kids surrounding them started laughing hysterically, and Allie giggled. "Mark my words Brent, you will come crawling back to me!" She swiveled around, bouncing her long curly blond hair as she walked down to the sand dunes at toward the school.

"Wow. An ex I suppose?" Allie grinned.

"Yeah." Brent was still watching her walk away, a smile of satisfaction on his face.

"And so now I'm your girlfriend?" Allie added.

Brent turned his head and looked her straight in the eyes. "Only if you want to be." His eyes sparkled.

"Well Brent," She put her hand on his knee, "I just met you. But...If we hung out more...Maybe." She flirted.

The crowd of kids lingered on their every word, but Brent and Allie hardly noticed them.

"Alright, then you want to go watch a movie at the cinemax?"

"That sounds good." Allie was burning with happiness, and butterflies filed her stomach. "Here-" She pulled out a pen from her pocket-"Call me." She wrote down her number on his hand, signing with a heart(her trademark). She stood up and began to walk away, but she turned around one last time and said, "Don't hesitate."

---

The next day Allie got a phone call.

"Hello?"

"Allie? This is Brent."

Allie could feel her cheeks turn bright red, and could tell her stomach was being filled with the most ecstatic butterflies. "This is her. Hi Brent."

"Well, let me just get to the point. Do you want to go to the home theatre near the mall to see Ghost Rider?"

"Yes Brent I would love to!" Allie had to restrain herself from yelling with joy. "Let me ask my aunt." She walked upstairs and saw her aunt in her room. "Aunt Sandy is it okay if I go to the home theatre with Brent?"

"Who's Brent?" She asked while making Allie's bed.

"The boy you wanted me to go talk to the other day!"

"OH! Sure Allie!" She replied immediately.

Allie put the phone back to her ear, "Yes Brent I can go."

"Alright meet you there at seven?"

"I'll be there. Bye."

"Bye."

Allie hung up the phone, then began to jump up and down from joy. "AUNT SANDY I NEED SOMETHING TO WEAR! Oh my gosh!" Allie started to open her suitcase and throw clothes everywhere, until she saw a black mini skirt with pink and black striped leggings. She searched a little more and found a low cut hot pink long sleeved shirt. There was purpose black paint marks on the front. "PERFECT!"

Her aunt just stood there smiling. A tear rolled from her eye. Allie looked up at her and gave her a hug. "I'ts okay! Don't cry!" Allie giggled.

"I'm fine. I'm fine!" She reassured. "Now what shoes are you going to wear?"

"OH MY GOSH, SHOES! I need my black flats! Where are they?!"

"I don't know," aunt Sandy replied, "Why not ask your father."

"Huh?" Allie said. "I thought daddy was de-"

She was cut off by her dad walking in, "What are you looking for dear?"

"My uh-uh black flats. Have you seen them?"

"No hun I haven't. I'll be in the study if you need me though." He walked in, gave Allie a hug and a kiss on the head. He left the room with Allie having so many questions. Allie looked at her aunt who just was sighing. Am I going insane?

---

Allie stood outside the home theatre, waiting for Brent. Only a minute later did he come. He was wearing a sliming navy jacket with a blue shirt under it with jeans. She smiled when she saw him walking toward her.

"How's it going beautiful?" He asked taking her arm.

"Good handsome." She replied. For some reason, she felt herself around Brent. Usually around boys she liked Allie was all nervous and jumpy, but around Brent, she was perfectly normal. It was like she had know him for a long time, but just meeting him.

They walked into the theatre and sat in a big armchair together. There were a few other kids there, but they were in the back or off to the side. The two were in dead center. Allie smiled. This was her first "actual" date. Sure she had gone on a date before, but they were always group, or just hanging out at her boyfriend's house or her own.

Brent looked at her and smiled. His teeth shined and his eyes shimmered, making Allie want to melt in their presence. The film began, but she couldn't tear her eyes away. They stared until something on the screen happened drastically, the boy crashed his motorcycle, and the two both turned to the movie. They watched for a long while without looking at each other. Until the real scary parts happened, like when the demons began to appear and the ghost rider was fighting. Allie shivered. She wasn't scared, but was faking just for an accuse to be closer to Brent.

"You okay?" He whispered in her ear.

She looked back up at him. "Yes when your here." Her voice clear as a bell. She had her head fall onto his shoulder, and he put his arm around her. He held her tight, but not hard. She watched the movie and as the romantic parts started coming up she couldn't help but want to just kiss Brent. She pulled her head up and looked into Brent's glass-like eyes. He smiled, showing his teeth like pearls. His hair on the sides of his face in perfect alignment. She leaned in, and she knew, and he knew what was to happen next...

---

Brent lead Allie out of the theatre, gripping her hand. She felt rejoiced and finally could tell something in her life was real. How everything was perfect. They waited outside and saw her dad's car roll around. He waited for her to come by honking. Allie turned to Brent, "I guess this is goodbye for now."

"I guess." He smiled.

She hugged him and took a toll to the car, but she rushed back and stood in front of him. She held his arm and asked in a whisper, "Will you kiss me one last time?"

"Are you sure it's okay with your father?"

"Yes. He's not really here." She said. Brent was confused, but he bent over a little, and just before he kissed her, everything faded. Him, the theatre, the car, and her dad. Everything came to a blur.

She rubbed her eyes, and sat up. Allie stretched.
I knew it was too good to be true. Silver tears rolled off of her face and onto her pillow. But who was Brent? I don't know a Brent. Seconds later she heard something clang against her window. She put on her night robe and opened the curtains and then the window. She looked down and saw a boy about her age with blond hair, shining smile and gleaming eyes, holding a rock. She blinked and tears rolled down her face again. The salty water blurred her vision, and when she wiped her eyes and peered back down, he was gone. She screamed out to him, but she never saw him again. Not ever.
© Copyright 2007 danish.flowers (danish.flowers at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1346233-Sparkling-Blue-Eyes