*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1369712-A-Lovers-Quarrel
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1369712
Two lovers in a terrible bind.
Words could not describe how she felt that moment she looked into his eyes. Everything in her heart shone through them. The guilt, the regret of everything she had said hung there in those dark brown eyes like rain in a thunder cloud. Everything she wanted to say was there on the tip of her tongue. Her large eyes filled with tears as her breath caught in her chest. Words that she wanted to say, words than needed to be spoken  hung in the silence. Neither of them brave enough to speak them. Their eyes met. His full of anger, hers full of pain. She waited. Waited for him to say what it was she had been longing to hear. She stared into his eyes hoping that she wasn’t wrong. She refused to look away as the tears trailed down her face. She knew that it was the only thing keeping them together. Her heart stopped that moment that he looked down. Never had she felt that much pain. She could feel the cold dagger stab her beating heart. She felt the warm blood drip down the blade. Her breathing became shallow and her hands began to tremble. The silence only grew stronger as she picked up her bag and headed for the door. She clutched the doorknob and  steadied her knees. Once she was out the door she walked quickly wanting to get as far away as possible. Never wanting to come back, knowing that this was how he felt she couldn’t bare to look at him again. The tears poured down her face as she put the car into drive.

He stood there staring into her eyes. He could read right through them, the regret of being with him the guilt of staying this long. He knew there was more she wanted to say but he couldn’t hear it. He couldn’t listen to her tell him how he felt one more time. He stared into those dark brown eyes and knew everything he wanted to say. But how could he after everything he had said. It would be best to let her cool off, then tell her he didn’t mean it.  He wanted to tell her, how much he loved her, how he didn’t want her to go. How she meant the world to him. But she would think it was all lies. She would never believe him, not now after everything he had done. No it was best not to say anything at all. He watched as the tear ran down her cheek. He looked away, not wanting to see how much he had hurt her, not wanting to look. He heard her breath stop. Inside he felt part of him die, as if half of his heart had just shriveled up. He looked up just in time to see her rest her hand on the door. NO! He wanted to shout. But he couldn’t, his lips wouldn’t move. He wanted to reach over and grab hold of her. Hug her close, tell her he loved her. That he would do anything to keep her. But he didn’t move, then she was gone. He stood there a moment staring at the door. She had left, I had let her leave. His knees suddenly got weak, his head suddenly light.

She was driving down the road barely able to see though the wall of tears. Her hands were still shaking, all she wanted to do was turn around. What good would that do, he didn’t want her there. Suddenly her phone rang. She grasped it and saw it was him. She answered. “What are you doing?”  She knew everything she wanted to say. Everything sarcastic thing she should have said. “Waiting for you.” Were the only words that came out of her mouth. “Then come home. I need you.” She couldn’t believe what she was hearing, he wanted her to come home. It was like she was reborn again. He heart felt lighter though the tears got heavier. She turned to make a U-turn when suddenly a car came out of no where, running a red light he slammed into her head on. Her hand still clutching the phone she was thrashed around the vehicle.
© Copyright 2008 MishkaDragonRyder (sambo8706 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1369712-A-Lovers-Quarrel