*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1369747-Diodorus-On-Writing
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Writing · #1369747
A fake interview with myself
Tell us, Diodorus, are you ever going to actually get a book published?

For some time now I've entertaining the fantasy of getting published. Approximately 10 years now I written and seen nothing for my efforts. There are various reasons for this:

1. My Writing Sucks. I need to learn a great deal more about the art of entertaining others through writing. I need to learn how to craft a book so that the reader benefits from having read it. Their life had to momentarily, if not forever, somehow been affected by that moment they truly transcended reality through my writing.

2. I Never Submit. Why would I ever submit my writing if I think it sucks? I did at one point, very early on, send in completed manuscripts and gotten the rejection slips to prove it. I determined that my writing stunk and that I needed to learn more. I may never truly know when it's time to submit my writing again. I suppose it will just have to be the book that I worked the hardest on.

3. I'm Lazy. I never seem to get around to writing much these days. Maybe I'm just losing that dream I once thought would never fade. I did briefly remember earlier today that feeling of accomplishment when you finish the day's writing. It was nice to be at peace with that nagging feeling I have on those days when I don't write.

So, what about the act of novel writing? What do you have to say about that?

Well, I find it to be a truly inward experience. It's a nice escape from the world when it's going good. When the words just pour out of you onto the screen with ease. You're not judging the writing too closely but your still confident it is coming out well. Then it's a nice escape.

What would you have to say to younger people that have only recently taken up writing

I would first like to point out that the question would be better directed at a published writer, one with better language, more talent, and even better grammar skills. But since you asked... I believe that there are probably better choices than choosing to write. If you were to choose a profession instead and focus all your efforts on it you would definitely become successful. Don't get me wrong, becoming a paid writer is a fantastic dream to have. You can become a famous, well-respected writer and laugh at someone like myself (you'd be rightful in doing so). Not everyone gets to make it.
© Copyright 2008 Diodorus (diodorus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1369747-Diodorus-On-Writing