*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1369872-Untitled-chapter-story--Ch2
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1369872
More of the barely fictional...
CH.2

"Hello?" She said, almost before the phone made it up to her cheek. She pushed open the door, and strode across the front room.
"Hey baby, I was worried about you! You usually call right after work!" She walked into the kitchen and drew off her gloves, and sat on a chair at the kitchen table.
"Sorry baby, I felt like a quiet walk, I wanted to reflect on my day."
"Were you alone?" He says, and She felt like throwing the phone across the room.
"Of course, darling! It wouldn't have been a quiet walk had I been accompanied!"
"yeah, unless it quailied as a romantic stroll...but hey, you say you were alone, and I believe you!"

The conversation continued as it would (other than his rudeness) quite naturally, quips about the day, co-worker episodes, ect. and after about 45 minutes, he wanted to get off the line, he had a show he wanted to watch. They said goodbyes,
and hung up. 

She got up from the table, rubbing her temples and began pacing the kitchen. The things he had said at the conversations
start were inexcusably rude. "what am I gonna do?" She thought, "I have no desire to be treated this way without cause! I am a good, faithful, woman! I work for what I have, am grateful for the things he does for me, and tell him so! I have gone out of my way to show him my affections, what has he done, that has been inconveinant to him? How often?"
This was not stacking well in his favor, this, pro-con, list, thing.
She was pacing a rut in front of the sink. "I am sad!" she bemoaned "I thought a man like him would be able to be secure in himself! I didn't know that I would be getting into a relationship that would turn out so stressful." Her thoughts were interupted by a txt message on her phone. She walked to the table and looked at the sender. "Fuck!" she spat, It was a guy she had dated, oh..about two YEARS ago, who absolutely WOULD NOT leave her alone.
She quickly deleted the txt, without replying. She didn't reply because she knew it would only encourage the weirdo, and deleted it for other (obvious) reasons.
"Well if that don't beat all..." she mused aloud, refering to her quick delete job. She
knew she would never respond to creepy dude, Her lover on the other hand, he would be convinced that she had violated his trust in some way. She walked to the
back patio and turned on her hot tub. She went into the bathroom and got her candles, towels, a wine glass, and bottle of wine. She stripped and dipped a toe into the hot swirling water.."ahhh" she sighed, easing herself into the tub,
up to her neck. She poured her first glass, downed it in one toss, and refilled it. She had just started to feel the tension leave her shoulders, when her heart hit the back of her throat. She had left her cell in the bathroom...and he would never believe she didn't answer because she was hot tubbing alone.
She flew out of the whirling water, skipping a towel, and ran into the house. Snatching her phone off the bathroom counter, she rounded the corner to the kitchen and slipping in her wet footprints, knocking her head on the kitchen table and landing hard on one knee. "Fucking SHIIIIITTTT!!!" she yelled at herself, sitting naked on the kitchen floor, waiting for the pain to subside long enough to stand up and asses the damage she had done. She shook her head in effort to clear it when she heard it, the bzzz bzzz of the vibrating cell phone. It had flown from her hand in her fall, and slid across the kitchen floor. She scooted across the floor, (her knee was really hurting) and looked at the infernal device.
It was Him.
She took a deep breath to calm her voice, and flipped the phone open. "Hey baby! Wassup?" She smiled through the throbbing of her knee, she hid the pain well. " I forgot to tell you about something babe," he said. " We are invited to an office party of mine tomorrow, Its the Big Man's B-day." "Oh, thats nice love." she smiled into the mouth piece, "What time do I need to be ready?"
"I'm gonna pick you up right after work, they're going to a little lounge downtown directly after work. So you and I will be just a little late."
"I don't mind if you don't love."
"I'll be there about 5:30 then. I'm gonna call you after my show...it was on commercial, now its back on...Bye baby!"
"Bye L..." >click<
She sighed, and hauled her cold bare ass up from the kitchen floor. She limped over to the hot tub and all but fell in. She downed that second glass of wine and poured another, anestetic for the knee... She mused. She did the normal "chick going to boyfriend's office party" thing, and went over what she had to wear, weather or not to wash her hair tonight... the usual chick stuff. She laid her head against the headrest of the hottub, listening to the jets...whirling...and the next thing she knew a soft vibration and bzzz sound awoke her from the requiem.
"Hey baby! Are you asleep? awww... I'll let you sleep baby..."
He was purring in her ear.
"No baby!" she said, standing up and streching, "I was just relaxing, your show over?"
"yeah, it has been. And then I did some work and I now I am getting ready for bed, and wanted to talk to my baby."
"ok darlin'"
She got out of the hot tub, wrapping a towel around her this time, and went to the bedroom to throw on the usual bed time teeshirt and socks apparel.
Once again, It was a short little conversation, she asked the dress for the party, and a few little phrases of love, and she clicked the phone shut. Laying in bed, looking at the ceiling she wished she knew where all of this was going, that way she knew if she even WANTED to be on this ride. Blissfully, sleep happened.

© Copyright 2008 M the Magnificent (greatmind at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1369872-Untitled-chapter-story--Ch2