*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1369978-The-Light
by Amaya
Rated: E · Draft · Other · #1369978
This is another oneshot. It's about a girl named Mangetsu.
Mangetsu smiled, she looked at the picture of her mother and closed her eyes briefly before running to school. She greeted everyone by name and hugged all of her friends. She ran into the classroom and gave the teacher a chocolate bar before taking her seat. Everyone said she made them feel happy and seemed to light them up on the inside, her friends even called her a sun. She laughed with them and smiled at everyone. She was sixteen in the prime of her life... with no family. Nobody knew that, not even her best friends. She didn't want to upset anyone. She lived in a small cottage and got by on two meals a day. Though sometimes she had to go with only one. Since her school was public nobody would be able to tell she was poor. Her best friends would buy her tons of clothes to gain her favor. She would accept the clothes after muc persuation then wear them whenever she could to show she liked them. Everyone loved her and nobody could be jealous of her 'perfect' life. She had a wolf hybrid that was so cute it didn't matter that it had wolf blood and it was like a brother to Mangetsu, even though she got along with every dog she met she clung to Inu as if he was her mother and she was naught but a child. She was The Light that everyone wanted, when all she wanted was her mother back. She would smile and laugh. Gasp and squeal. But nobody, but Inu, ever saw her cry. Nobody saw her sit alone on Christmas crying into Inu's coat. Or at night curled up with tears in her eyes while Inu nudged her to go on. Yes, nobody knew the truth of The Light...
© Copyright 2008 Amaya (eternal_night at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1369978-The-Light