*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1370722-Divine-Love
by Cliona
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Young Adult · #1370722
Inspired by real life incidents
Elvira knew exactly it was not what she wanted to hear from Dawson, he can’t do this to her: how could that possibly happen! Elvira sat down on her bed like falling from the edge of a cliff.

She drowned into the rising distress from her heart, "It was all like a dream, with all your hopes and imagination you keep on building a spectacular sculpture realizing how beautiful it’s going to end, only to find out that it has been completely destroyed into pieces. Maybe Dawson could be just kidding, but when was the last time he ever had that strange shadow in his eyes while kidding, no, no, these words have come from the bottom of his heart. He meant it. But why do I deserve it? I’m no ordinary girl who goes out with every single guy who calls upon me. I never go out for dating because I believed true love would come to me and I prayed god everyday to make my life worthy for a divine purpose. Then that guy walked into my life claiming he is the one for me and most of all…. I felt it in my heart. I couldn't take it anymore."

Everything became dark, becoming smaller and smaller and smaller…

“Elvi, what are you doing? Elvi! Elvi! Are you alright?” She heard a very familiar voice and it was coming from far away…how can you do this to me? She felt warm tears running down her cheeks.

“Elvi, wake up!” She opened her eyes to find herself in Dawson’s arms.

“Elvi, can you forgive me?”

“Oh Dawson! Is this really you or am I dreaming?” Elvira couldn’t trust her instincts once again.

“Yes Elvi, I’m your Dawson here! You’re not dreaming, I realized your honest love and would you ever forgive me?” Dawson was looking straight into her eyes and she found a sparkle in his eyes symbolizing the truth and sanity of his heart.

“Yes”

Elvi tried to get up but before she moved, he kissed her lips holding her so tightly like a lost lover, finding his girlfriend after years and years of hunt. He didn’t let go of her.

“Im sorry for what I have done to you” Dawson didn’t take a break from his kiss while talking; his tongue started rolling all over her mouth. She could feel his strength and regret from his kiss. He lifted her up from the bed and placed her near the window.

“Elvi, I never meant to hurt you, I don’t really want to tell you what happened. Promise me that you won’t take it to heart”. Dawson held her hands.

Elvi was speechless and stunned, but she promised.

“Last week I had a phone call from one of my former business partner. He threatened me to handover the confidential documents of a business collaboration I had with a reputed organization, I didn’t agree because it was my total investment. So he said he would handle it in a different way and next morning I saw his car parked in front of your house. I went closer to see what he is up to and found him holding a revolver pointed to your upstairs window. I immediately jumped at him and had a big clash; he ran away and got into the car. Later I realized that your life is in danger because of me, so I told him to give me some time, meanwhile I spoke to the cops. Then I arranged a plot for cops to arrest him, it went out well. However I told you that I’m leaving you forever to get you off his sight.  Now I’m relieved that we are not under any observation. Elvi, he knows that I would do anything for you, besides I didn’t have any other option to protect you…. I wanted you to believe me without making you upset by letting you know that both of our lives are in risk” said Dawson gazing into Elvira’s eyes. He knew that his life would be nothing without her.

Elvira hugged him and cried. She thanked god once again. After all true love exists.
© Copyright 2008 Cliona (cliona at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1370722-Divine-Love