*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1371201-The-Book-of-Templar
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Other · #1371201
Action/Adventure
                The keeper of the Book knew death was upon him.  But he must protect the Book at whatever the cost.  He was traveling down the dark corridor at a brisk pace.  Glancing behind him, he saw the shadows of the Gaul warriors approaching him.  They sought the Book in his hands.  Five years of bloodshed and death had been cast in search of it.  Now they found it and it was within their grasp.
         Feet sloshing through the puddles the littered the rough-hewn brick floor, he made his way to a row of crypts built into the rock walls on both sides.  There were ten resting places on each side and the corridor ended just beyond the last two.  The bookkeeper went to the last one on the right side.  It’s small, square hole was open.  He turned to face his attackers.  “Bis im esler Solomon!”, he yelled to them.  He turned and pushed on a stone just above the crypt opening.  A loud crash erupted behind the Gauls.  They stopped and looked around.  The leader grunted and motioned for a few soldiers to see what happened.  Then he pointed to the bookkeeper.  They started running for him again. 
         The bookkeeper, with the Book held tightly to his chest, climbed in the crypt feet first.  In the darkness, he laid down on his back.  He positioned the Book on his chest and crossed his arms over it.  The soldiers outside were pounding on the door, trying to get it open.  But he knew he was safe.  He knew the Book was safe.  Safe for all eternity.

To be continued...
© Copyright 2008 Chisalplower (chisalplower at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1371201-The-Book-of-Templar