*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1371247-New-Crystals-Old-Dreams--Chapter-9
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Fiction · Fanfiction · #1371247
Jareth helps Sarah remember more of her time in the Labyrinth.
Disclaimer: I don’t own the rights to anything you recognize from the movie and/or the book. The characters and places that you recognize from the movie and/or the book belong to their respective owners. Though, I DO own the rights to all my personal locations and personal OC’s. I make no monetary profit from this story.


Jareth tried to think of the reason why he was allowing himself to be led out of the courtroom like a child. When he looked down at the raven haired woman leading him, he knew that was his reason. He didn’t know how to describe the feelings that were welling right under his chest. It was an amazing array of anger and delight that he didn’t know how to deal with so he pulled himself away from Sarah.

“What, exactly, do you think you’re doing?” He knew his tone was harsher than it needed to be, but he wasn’t about to let her come right into his life and start telling him what to do. Her slight smile let him know that she already thought that was the way things were going to happen. It brought that vicious shroud of darkness back to whisper in his ear.

“I was stopping you from getting in a lot of trouble with the Gods, Jareth. If I hadn’t stepped up and given your mouth something to do other than yell, you would have said things that would have earned you, at the very least, Morrigan’s enmity.” He opened his mouth to spout back at her, but found no words to throw. She was right, damn it she was right, but she wouldn’t hear that from him.

He huffed and turned to storm down the hallways on his own. Jareth knew that he was attempting to make a point, but when he reached a corner and stole a glance back at her she merely had that smile still on her face and was walking at a normal pace, which only proved to infuriate him all the more. She should fear him! When they got to his rooms he would see that she did. She would remember the tyrant king who had terrified her so all those years ago.

He was sprawled over his couch when she arrived in his rooms and gently closed the doors behind her. ‘We will wipe that contemptuous smile from her weak little human face.’  He couldn’t help but think that she wasn’t human any longer before he realized that the voice was back.  Jareth brought a gloved hand to his face and pinched the bridge of his nose to stop the headache that was building.  He didn’t want to fall victim to the Darkness in him, but how could he stop it without her?

Jareth knew his ego would never let him bow to her, he sighed as she crossed the room towards him.  A lump rose in his throat as he looked at Sarah again, the smile was already gone of its own accord.  In its place was a strange, haunted look that he didn’t like seeing there at all.  The Darkness told him to gloat over it and rub her nose in the fact that now she was HIS slave, not the other way around, but his body betrayed him as fingers reached out for her.  When he caught her eyes, they were big as saucers and more than a little frightened.  He had to recover, his face had shown too much.

“What’s wrong with you this time?” he drawled as he lounged back in the chair, seemingly uninterested.  Was it wrong to lie to Sarah about his feelings, especially after what his mother had told him?  Was his anger worth possibly losing his kingdom over?

“Nothing.” She said quietly as she took a seat, folding her hands in her lap over the brightly colored material of her dress.  Her meek demeanor was infuriating.

“Who is this weak creature that sits before me?”  He smirked as Sarah’s head snapped up, determination in the set of her jaw, but the fire wasn’t in her eyes…he needed that fire…he needed his Sarah back.  “Where is the Sarah Williams who bested my Labyrinth?”  The embers lit in the gold of her eyes as a devilish smirk spread over her face.

“Don’t you mean bested you?”  A dangerous fire lit his own eyes and threatened to consume her.  She held her while he was sitting, but the moment he stood to cross to her, he saw her flinch, knew her fright…and grinned.

“I assure you, it will not happen again.  You are MINE now and I have no intentions of letting you go.”  Jareth watched with a secret pride as her chin jutted out in defiance.

“This punishment will only last so long.”  That only made him laugh.  Oh she had no clue how truly she belonged to him, how badly he had bent the rules the last time she was here.

“Sarah, you have been mine since the moment I claimed you.”  Fear and confusion furrowed her brow.

“Claimed me…?”  He sat next to her, aware she was scooting away from him.  He waved a hand and her clothing disintegrated into nothingness.  Her whole body flushed a delightful shade of red as she tried desperately to cover herself.  It was then that he felt it, an untamed rush of magic, his eyes darted to the newly transformed Fae woman sitting…quite fetchingly…naked and terrified next to him.  It couldn’t have come from her, his mind raged…no human ever had magic, transformed to Fae or not.

She seemed just as shocked by the raw force of power she had felt…perhaps it wasn’t her.  He wasn’t in the mood to bother with that question though as he gently wrapped his fingers around her hands, pulling them away from her body.

“Yes Sarah…I claimed you, seven years ago in the crystal ballroom that I created for you.”  She suddenly didn’t seem very frightened anymore, livid at being naked and mystified by what he was talking about yes, but no fear was in those lovely hazel eyes.

“And just how the hell did you claim me?”  The look in her eyes reminded him of the very night that he did claim her, he couldn’t stop himself as he crossed and took her into his arms, filling the room with a soft, familiar tune for the second time that night.  Sarah looked tortured.  “Why are you playing this song again?”  And then it hit her.  “This song...!  It always melts me.  You did something to me the first time we danced together.” 

“See Sarah, I knew you were smart enough to figure it out on your own.”  He held her close, too close for the Darkness.  It seemed to shriek at the very touch of her.  Was his mother right?  Would Sarah be his answer to the thing clawing within him?  It certainly seemed like there was a brightening…it wasn’t impenetrable Dark anymore, it was more like being in a dark room at night when you could only see outlines of objects.  ‘Oh Sarah, how much I need you…’ his mind sighed.  He needed her help, but he would be damned if he would admit it to anyone, especially her.

“What did you do to me Jareth?”  Her voice brought him out of his thoughts and back to the smell of her hair.

“I claimed your soul that night, but…”  He felt her head lift from his shoulder and cursed the loss.  Those hazel eyes claimed his with a sense of hope.

“But…?”

“I about to kiss you and seal our bond, and you ran.  I wanted to give you everything Sarah.”  Defiance shot into her eyes and it suddenly seemed like that fifteen year old girl was in his arms again.

“No you wanted to waste my time and make me forget Toby!”  He sighed with impatience…he really didn’t have time for this foolish talk, but then he felt it again.  That untouched, wild magic and there was no mistake this time that it had come from the little minx in his arms.  Well, there was something interesting to ponder, but by the look in her eyes…not right now.

“Sarah, how many times do I have to tell you that it was never about Toby.  I didn’t want him.”  She looked like tears would threaten again.

“Yes…it was about him, it had to be.  Who else…?”  Jareth couldn’t stand seeing his strong Sarah, his champion, looking like this.  He stepped towards her again, perturbed when she took a step back.  Another blast of the untrained magic pushed against his chest, so she didn’t want him to come closer huh?  Very well…but by the Gods this woman’s power was almost intoxicating…so powerful for one who shouldn’t have magic at all.

“Sarah…did you ever stop to think for a moment that it might have all been about you?”  He couldn’t tell if she seemed more frightened by that idea than everything else.

“Why?”  He backed her until her knees knocked his bed and she fell back on it.  Terror, pure terror filled her eyes as she realized where she was and then the fire was back, he smiled…she mistook his pleasure.  “Don’t you dare!”  She tried to sit up, but some well placed magic of his own knocked her back down.  It made his blood sing to see her there, the rich silks and velvets of his bed wrinkled around her creamy skin.

“Have you forgotten your story already?”  Something flashed in her eyes and he knew that if she had control of that power of hers, he might well be slammed against the far wall of his room.

“I was forced to forget EVERYTHING Jareth!  Or do you forget THAT!?”  He laughed, delighted by her temper and rested on his side, his elbow propping him up next to her.  His gloved fingertip drew a slow circle around her abdomen…GODS what he wouldn’t give to feel what her skin felt like under his touch.

“I forget nothing Sarah…” the warning in his voice was enough to quell whatever retort she might have had planned.  “I will remind you of a few things then darling, how does that sound?”  She looked confused and angry now and none too pleased that she was touching her, but, he smiled, she was wise enough to keep her mouth shut…for the moment.  He could feel her magic simmering, like an unwatched pot, just under his fingertips.  “Why don’t we start at the beginning?  How does that sound love?”

“Don’t call me that…and it sounds,” she thought for a second, her eyes glaring daggers at him. “…peachy.”  He smiled and tsked at her.

“Gods Sarah…your eyes can be so cruel.”  He smiled at her unladylike response and continued.  “Do you remember what you told your brother that night, before you wished him away to me?”  Her eyes glassed at the memory.

“Yes….” She said in barely a whisper.  His free hand continued its exploration of her body, touching places that he knew had never been touched by another.  She was a playground of rare delights, still untouched and waiting for him.  “Don’t…” she breathed on a hiss as his gloved fingers trailed below her belly button.  It wasn’t a demand, more of a gentle pleading.

“Sarah, you are mine now, I am your new master.  Or did you forget that as well?” he chided her.  He heard a small groan escape her lips that could have been in disgust or pleasure, her mind was so confused.  “Anyways, like I was saying…that night with Toby.  Do you remember the story that you told him?”  Her head nodded slowly as the first rouge tears slipped over her cheeks.  The Darkness inside him cheered the tears, telling him that at long last his torment of her could begin, but his heart shut the voice out.  “Tell me…tell me the story Sarah.”  He lowered his lips to her skin, almost jumping back at the thrill of her skin.  Her back arched under his lips as he kissed right below her ribcage.  He smiled…so she felt the power between them too?  Good.

“Once upon a time…” she started in a voice she struggled to keep control of.  “There was a beautiful young girl whose mother always made her stay home with the baby.”  She gasped as he placed a kiss between her breasts.  “The baby was a spoiled child and he wanted everything for himself.”  He could feel her breathing becoming more rapid as he drifted left and right, bequeathing kisses as he deemed fit, drowning in the feel of her and her glorious response.  “And the girl was practically a slave.  Oh god, Jareth, please…stop.”  His gloved hand slid up her body and cupped her under the chin.

“Continue…you’re almost to my favorite part.”  He reveled in her body’s reaction to his touch as she continued with shaky breath.

“But what no one knew was that the King of the Goblins had fallen in love with the girl…”  He felt her gasp and knew that she had realized it.  “But Jareth, that was just a story…there’s no way that it was tr…” a gloved finger stopped her words.

“It was Sarah.  All too true.”  He sighed as he went back to his exploration of her body.  “Now for your next lesson.  Remember the last night…in the staircase room, our last conversation.  What did I tell you Sarah?”  He watched her brow crease, trying desperately to remember.

“You offered me my dreams, another way to distract me from Toby.  I didn’t have long left and you tried to cheat me again.”  He suddenly sat up, looking down on her with clear disbelief.

“Is that all you think I offered you that night Sarah?  Truly?”  She sat up and scooted back against the pillows, putting distance between them that he easily closed again.

“Of course, that was your last ditch effort.”  He let out an exasperated rush of breath. 

“Oh Sarah…think back to what I SAID to you or was your fifteen year old mind not listening…?”  She still looked confused so he decided to spell it out for her.  “Good Gods Sarah, I offered you my heart, my kingdom…everything.  I wanted you…I couldn’t have cared less about Toby at that point in time.”  Her eyes went wide in shock.

“But…”

“But nothing Sarah.  Listen to the words, with adult ears…”  He brought his hand to his mouth, tearing the glove off, desperate to feel her skin.  Once the glove was across the room, he trailed fingers slowly over her neck and along her jaw.  “I have been generous up until now, but I can be cruel.”  Just like all those years ago, Sarah scoffed and looked upon him with those fiery green eyes.

“Generous!”  His fingertips traced over her lips to still the next words, his whole body reverberating from the thrill of her power searing into him.

“Do be quite Sarah…just listen.”  He smiled when she cowed and nodded.  He continued the words that had assaulted his soul every minute while in the Darkness.  “Everything that you have wanted I have done.  You asked that the child be taken…I took him.  You cowered before me…I was frightening.  I have reordered time, I have turned the world upside down…and I have done it all for YOU!”  He watched as realization slowly began dawning on her, but still didn’t let her talk.  “I’m exhausted from living up to YOUR expectations of me.  Isn’t THAT generous?”  He let Sarah begin…as if in a trance.

“Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way here to the castle beyond the Goblin City.  For my will is as strong as yours and my…” his finger found her lips as he continued softly.

“Stop…wait!  Look Sarah…look at what I am offering you…your dreams.”  He watched as more tears slid down her cheeks.  She knew…at that moment in time, he had been her dreams.  She might have been a fifteen year old girl, but her heart knew what she wanted, even then and had unwittingly turn it all down.

“My kingdom as great…” he smiled sadly at her, the Darkness receding from the blinding light of magic coming from her.

“I ask for so little…” he spoke gently, letting his fingertips trace over her soft skin.  “Just let me rule you and you can have everything that you want.”  Probably not the best wording for a fifteen year old already frightened and untrusting of him, but he was offering to be her king…and she his queen.  And from the look in her eyes and the tears staining her cheeks, she knew that now too. 

“My kingdom as great…damn.  I can never remember that line….”  He pushed on…the last line tearing at his soul.  His final effort to make her see….

“Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave.”  A fifteen year old girl never would have known that what he described was marriage in it entirety, he reluctantly admitted to himself for the first time as Sarah turned and cried softly into his pillow.

“I didn’t know…Jareth, this wasn’t fair…I never knew.”  He let her head remain in the pillows, he didn’t want to see her…didn’t want his heart softened any more for the moment.  He wanted to still be mad…so he would force himself to be damn it.

“Life isn’t fair Sarah, the sooner you realize that the easier it will be on you.  Just admit that I DO have power over you…had it even then.”  Her voice came like a dagger to his heart from the depths of the pillows.

“Of course you did Jareth…like you said, you claimed me.”  Her words were filled with disdain.  “But my bond to Toby, my responsibility to him was more than that.  No matter your claim on me.” 

“Sarah, I couldn’t have claimed anything that didn’t want to be.”  Her head popped out of the pillow, disbelief and rage clouding tear filled eyes.

“What the hell are you talking about?  I didn’t WANT you!”  He smirked, would this fire always be between them?  He sincerely hoped so…because she was beautiful when she was mad.

“Sarah, Sarah…you wanted me more than you could have known…” and that was the bane of it.  She didn’t know…this whole time, what he thought was freely given love at the Crystal Ball , was nothing more than a confused young human.  He laid back into the pillows, defeated…again.  That fact conceded, the Darkness crept back over him like a welcome blanket.  “You will sleep always at the foot of my bed.”  Sarah looked stunned at his change in attitude.

“What!?  On the stone floor!?”  Her voice was filled with anger and it bit at the Darkness…Jareth didn’t really want to do this to her, but he had to, he thought coldly in a voice not his own.

“Here,” a crystal materialized in his hand and he threw it to her, a pillow and rough wool blanket materializing in her lap.  “That should be sufficient.”  Her eyes raised to his and he gave an internal smirk that the defiance and fury was still there.

“Even after everything that was just said…you are still a bastard.  Fine.”  She crawled off the bed, throwing the pillow down with vehemence.  Before she lay down on the cold stone floor, she turned to him one last time, bowing deeply and condescendingly.  “Good night…sire.”  He smirked at her.

“I like that…good night Sa—slave.”  Her eyes flamed at his choice of words and she laid down on the floor.  He waved his hands and he was under the warmth of his covers.  He smiled at the way he handled that, now she had been rejected and left with pleasures stirred within her from his touch.  Yes, he thought to himself, that was handled quite well. 

An hour later, he was still staring up at the ceiling.  If he was so pleased with himself, why couldn’t he sleep?  He crawled slowly to the edge of his bed and looked down on the shivering frame of his Sarah.  The Darkness seemed to melt from around him as he saw her, lips blue with cold. 

It broke him slightly to see her like that.  She hadn’t complained, he thought, beating himself for her rough treatment.  Why couldn’t he be himself around her!?  His mind raged at him for being so stupid.  He didn’t want to be this…this monster around her and yet she seemed to bring it out in him.  Leaning back with a sigh…he waved a hand and a small bed appeared around her.

He knew it would be downy soft and the warm bedding around her would keep her far warmer than the harsh stone of the floor.  Smiling down on Sarah, Jareth reached to push a rouge strand of hair from her face. 

“Oh Sarah, help me please…I don’t want to be this thing.  I want to be so much more for you.”  She shifted in her sleep, a contented smile taking over the frown that had seemed frozen on her face.  Jareth smiled once more and went back to the comfort of his sheets, his mind finally awarding him sleep.



Back in the courtroom, Medb was throwing a holy fit.  She threw her arms out around her, gesturing wildly, her midnight black hair in disarray around her face.  She had been forced to wait outside while the trial took place and stormed in after being made to wait another half hour.

“What the hell do you three think you are doing!”  Her rage was so pure, she didn’t even worry about incurring their wrath.  She wanted to rip all that red hair from Danu’s head as she turned to her, a look of boredom on her features.

“WE did nothing Medb.  Jareth wanted her and he had every legal right to take her if he so wished.”  An unearthly shriek of resentment came from Medb as Danu stated it so softly, as if talking to a child.

“I will have him!”  Her voice was crazed and she knew it, but her temper had broken.  She could taste defeat and she didn’t like it one bit.  She never lost.  When she heard the quiet chuckle from Morrigan she thought she was going to kill the woman.  “I am not so lowly that you can treat me as a commoner…take care.  I will have him…I will.”  With that she threw a crystal at her feet and materialized in her bedroom as she started ripping the dress from her body.  “CYRIC!!!”  She called on her lover, current lover anyways, she was sure she would get bored of him soon.

“Yes m’lady?”  Cyric appeared before her.  Part of her softened at the sight of him.  A dark Fae he was, something that was rare and awed in the Underground.  He was a hands span taller than herself, his skin deeply tanned.  Eyes nearly white they were so crystal blue in a face that seemed carved from the finest marble.  When you top that off with a mane of deep chocolate colored waves of hair, he was a gorgeous specimen.  Medb watched as he assessed he mood…and smiled.  She wanted to smack the insolent pig for assuming what would happen that night, but knew she would be wasting her time.  He would like it and he was right anyways.  “Could I help you out of your lovely dress?”  He asked, his voice a caressing sensuality all its own.  Rage boiled higher still as she remembered that little bitch’s dress.

“No, I want it ripped off…and thrown in a fire!!”  His brow furrowed at her passionate distaste for the dress.

“Why m’lady, you look lovely in it.”  She ripped the offending garment off herself since he didn’t appear to be following orders this night.

“Because Jareth’s little bitch human copied it…and made changes to it that flattered the eye.  She stole my light!” Medb huffed, stomping her foot to drive home her point.  “I will take pleasure in killing that one.  Once Jareth is mine, there will be nothing to stop me from my plans.”  She watched the slow smile creep over Cyric’s face, revealing gorgeously white teeth.  Trailing a long fingernail across his face, she headed to her bathroom.  “Do draw me a bath, will you darling?” 

“As you wish m’lady.”  He walked her to the edge of the giant tub that was set into the very ground, produced a crystal and tossed it in.  The water appeared instantly, rose petals dancing across its surface, their scent permeating the air.  Medb practically purred.

“You know exactly what I like darling.” She cooed as she inched her way into the steaming water.  “Do join me.”  Medb watch admiringly as her lover stripped himself of his clothing.  All rippling muscle, he lowered himself into the tub behind her.  She leaned back on his chest and things seemed to calm with in her. 

The little bastard had probably placed a calming spell on the scented bath oils, but she didn’t want to bother with caring about that at the moment.  Her plans swirled through her head as Cyric ran the sponge over her shoulders.

“He has to succumb to the Darkness, Cyric.  If he doesn’t, all my great plans are ruined.  That little bitch has two months to win him over.”  She slapped the water in fury, watching in rapt delight as the bruised rose petals drowned beneath her hands.  “I knew that I should have negotiated for less time.  That mistake might be the ruin of my plans.”

“Surely, even with the woman messing up your gown, the ball was fun?”  She sneered at his attempt to change the subject, but he picked a cruel change and her blood heated up again at the thought of how Jareth had treated her.

“No it wasn’t dear Cyric.  I was treated like second rate garbage by his highness.”  Cyric had the brains to sound aghast, but Medb knew that he was secretly smiling behind her.  He didn’t like the thought of being tossed aside.  “He was staring at that…that thing all night.  He actually had the gall to leave in the middle of talking to me!”  Her mind crept to its dark, dangerous corners.  “I will take pleasure in the breaking of him.  Oh Cyric, with his Darkness influenced powers…I will take control of the whole Underground.  Everyone will bow to me.  No one will think me a joke then.  I will show them…I will show them.” 

Her voice was rippling with excitement at her great plans.  She was finished with all the gods treating her like a joke.  She would show them her worth and they wouldn’t be able to stop her with Jareth at her side.  Oh just thinking of how is powers would be enhanced by the Dark was enough to make her turn to Cyric and claim his lips.

“And once he is mine…I will sacrifice that little nothing of his as I was told…and then I won’t be held to the Underground anymore.”  Cyric’s eyes lit at her passion and pulled her closer.  “No dear Cyric, I will have it all.  I will take the Aboveground as well.  Then how much of a joke will they think me my darling?”  He smiled against her lips as he possessed her.

“No one will think you a fool m’lady.”  If she knew his plans she would have killed him in that instant, but his Fae mind kept him safe from her…for the moment.

© Copyright 2008 Grace Richie (grichiewriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1371247-New-Crystals-Old-Dreams--Chapter-9