*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1371537-Granny-Avistine
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Family · #1371537
My eulogy for my grandmother Avistine Hale.
My Granny

      Who can find a virtuous woman? Avistine Hale was just that… honorable, righteous and good.  The value she added to our lives is priceless. Her ten children, 31 grandchildren, 59 great-grandchildren, and 11 great-great grandchildren could always trust in Granny’s love and her wisdom.
      Granny blessed us all: family, extended family, and friends alike. She was strong. Avistine was strong in character and opinion. She lived what she preached and said exactly what she thought. My Granny lived her life by example. She worked hard, took care of her household and shopped with the best of them. Many of us here today have story after story of adventures with Avistine Hale. Her co-workers from Huron Road Hospital could go on and on about her work ethic. She did her job well each and everyday. Granny lived in her home in Collinwood until her last days.
      In her eighties, she cleaned up everyday. She tended to her garden. Granny cooked for herself and others regularly. Now the cleaning became harder and harder because she kept adding and adding more items to her collections of things. More furniture, more clothes, and definitely more shoes made her happy and kept her occupied in her retirement.  In fact, I believe she made it a goal to shop until every available space, corner, bedroom and closet was filled to capacity.
      Many elderly people take up gardening when they retire, but Granny’s garden was the talk of anyone who rode by her house.  The fruit of her hands were it’s own praise. Granny planted her flowers and her vegetables in the same flowerbeds in the front yard. Sounds unusual, but like so many things she put her hands to… it blended and bloomed perfectly.
        Shopping with Avistine “Tina” Hale was truly a life altering experience. Firstly, whatever time frame you had in mind for shopping quickly became unrealistic. The grocery store and a few stores could turn into a girl’s day out beginning with breakfast (fuel to start the adventure) and end with dinner (fuel to recover from it).
      Granny knew her fashion and had a way of letting you know when you weren’t fashionable, or if she didn’t agree with, or care for, your fashion sense. She’d flat out tell you. As a matter of fact, it wasn’t just fashion that she spoke her peace about, but pretty much everything that crossed her eyes and mind!
        Avistine Hale wore her strength and dignity as if it were classic clothing. Her place at the head of our family is rooted strongly and securely in our minds. She rejoiced over our happiest moments and looked forward to good futures for us all.  Granny spoke her words skillfully and with a godly wisdom. She spent many days and nights praying unceasingly for her loved ones.
        In the Bible, Proverbs 31, says, “her children rise up and call her blessed.” Well, the children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, and great-great grandchildren stand up and tell the world our Avistine was blessed –happy –fortunate -a woman to be envied!
© Copyright 2008 mzmoniluv (mzmoniluv at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1371537-Granny-Avistine