*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1376072-My-memory-as-Nussie
Rated: E · Essay · Other · #1376072
It is my life story
Being a Thai people, it is a real well blended culture of the east.  The culture in Thailand is the mixture of eastern part mainly from India and China.  With current life, Thai people also take the western culture to mix with their current eastern culture, becoming a good order of Thai lives.

My ancestors are Chinese.  My father is from China mainland.  My mom was born in Thailand under Chinese family.  So, we are Chinese who live in Thailand.  It is an ordinary life for Thais that many of us were Chinese.  Even for the culture, Thailand is a blended culture between Thai and Chinese.  Though there are the root of Thai culture that would be different among regions.  However, Thailand is situated in the south of China, many things were from Chinese.  If we talk to many Thai experts, they will dig down the root of Thai culture from India. e.g. the names of Thai people.  Many cultures, religions, are from India than from China.  But the ethnic culture of Chinese is widespread.  We have a blended eastern culture from main parts of Asia, at least from the two big lands - China and India.

I would like to start your awareness with Thai food.  We have mixed Chinese food with Thai.  You can eat stewed eggs that are a Chinese style from general Thai food shop.  We called it as Thai fast food.  Also, you can find our signature curry from Thai food shop, e.g. chicken curry in coconut milk.  It is not a real Indian taste, nor is it purely Chinese.  This is our Thai original taste.  But if you want to try Indian taste in Thai food shop, a red curry with cumin is also available.  Thai food is spicy, while Chinese food is greasy.  But if we order 2 types of foods, mixed of Thai and Chinese, it is a well balanced.  One plate of rice with 2 types of food on top in general Thai food shop is around 1 dollar (35 - 40 Thai baht).  You can get all 5 main nutrients from this dish, giving you 400-450 kcal. for a quick lunch.  This is not too high fat or too low on vitamin.  It is a good balance that can give you enough energy to run your afternoon and evening time with full speed. 

When we talk about other things, e.g. our nature and personality.  Thai people are polite, simple, smiling, easy going.  We are not as diligent as Chinese (as many people said).  We are rather slow, not diligent, but more relaxing.  It is like our current economy stage, slow growing.  Many Thais from all part of Thailand are farmers or working in the agriculture fields.  They got not high education.  Besides being farmers, they may immigrate to urban, cities and work as labor force, such as construction, merchant, labor, etc.  They can become the head of the retail store but rarely got a chance to set up their business as they have very low income.  Unlike Chinese people, Chinese are more intelligent.  They can collect money and set up their business from zero money.  We normally called them as one mat and one pillow Chinese.  They usually immigrated to Thailand during the Second World War and started their own business from a worker level to be a rich merchant and becoming millionaire.  Today, many of them are those high society people, such as CP group, Central group, Sahapattana group or even Bangkok Bank. For the authentic Thai people from various part of Thailand, those who are rich mostly had their heritage from their ancestors, e.g.  from the old time monarch, either northern part or southern part.  We rarely find the Thai farmers who become a rich guy.  It has never happened. 

Anyway, being a Thai is very self satisfaction.  We don't care on getting rich.  Being self satisfaction person, they can create good kindness, loving the neighbor, caring to give if they have exceeding things, not only money but also other things, e.g. rice, clothes, etc.  All Thai people have the similarity on the myth and respect with pure love and loyal to the king.  It could become a surprise for anyone who are not Thais and saw a history day on June 9th 2006.  That was the thorn ceremony of 60th anniversary for King Bhumiphol.  All people around the country had joined this ceremony and all said "Long Live the King".  All people from all parts of the country witnessed this ceremony with tear out from their eyes, with high pleasure on their real loyal feeling and love towards our King Bhumiphol.  Thai people are so proud of being a Thai citizen under the Royal Highness King Bhumiphol reign.  The campaign of satisfied economy originated by our King Bhumiphol could prove to the world that this is the real strength of economy that could bring a balance of life on economy and happiness. 

Living in Thailand, we can be very convenient.  People are kind, polite and caring.  They are not threatening to anyone.  A good order of living with peace and happiness can be found in Thailand from the Thai people.  The charming of Thai people is to live smart with unique culture that the Thais take and keep from many parts of the country.  It has become a uniqueness of Thai character.  The strength of the Thai character is the uniqueness of Thai citizen. If you have a chance to know any Thai people, let's analyze and get it proven.


© Copyright 2008 Galligo (nussie06 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1376072-My-memory-as-Nussie