*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1377365-The-DragonKeeper-The-War-of-the-Realm
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1377365
When a dangeorus criminal hi-jacks a dragon, what will young Izzy Delbroy do?
Izzy sat by his house. He looked at his hand. A key was lying there, firm in his grasp. He had just recently find out that the key, known as the Death Key, could transport you to the Realm of Darkness, a realm in a tragedy currently. Vage "Armageddon" Grimmauld, a dangeorus criminal, had just hi-jacked Irax, a highly dangerous dragon. Now Izzy, and the few people and creatures of his army, would fight to the death.


"FIGHT!" Izzy yelled over the crowd. Suddenly a mass of swirling color filled the village. People and creatures alike charged, and the Stolen Dragons flied over head. Izzy hopped aboard Sudin, his Mountain Dragon. She was green, and she had six limbs. Two wings and four feet. Sudin had stayed with Izzy ever since he set foot in The Realm.
In the distance, Izzy could see Armageddon hopping aboard his own dragon, Irax the Hungush Dragon. Irax looked more frightening than ever in the firelight.
"FLY!" Sudin took off. Irax took off. It would be a cruel battle. The War of the Realm had started years before Izzy came to the picture, and then it dawned on him. THe prophecy had been right.

"The new is the key to the old."

It meant that he, Izzy, was the new one. He had just come into this war. And he was the key to stop the war, to turn everything back the way it was. Back in the old, when everything was normal.
Sudin let out a screech. Irax had just scratched her leg. Large quantities of dragon blood oozed out over the already-bloody scene, in which Izzy's group was clearly outnumbered. Looking down, Izzy felt a metalic whoosh over his head, and realized it was Armageddon. He had pulled out his sword.
Izzy pulled his sword. He knew what would have to happen. They would have to have a sword fight atop their fighting dragons.

Izzy stood up, as did Armageddon. Irax and Sudin floated there. And then Armageddon and Izzy both yelled,
"CHARGE!" The dragons lunged at one another, attacking. Armageddon and Izzy started the duel. It was complicated, keeping themselves atop the dragons. And then, a painful, unexpected slash through the gut, and everything for Izzy was gone.
© Copyright 2008 Carnifax (carnifax at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1377365-The-DragonKeeper-The-War-of-the-Realm