*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1364053-LifeScape-The-Dogs-and-the-Mummy-Man
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1364053
Four boys encounter two Mystery Dogs and a Mummy-Man.
Jason Kathlee was never exactly what you would call "Big on Smarts." A D in Math, a C in English and a B- in every other subject. But Jason, and his friends Dale, Bruno and Max, were also bad in school.
It was Tuesday. Jason was playing frisbee with Dale, Bruno and Max. Suddenly, an assault was acted. A man dressed in dirty gray robes ran from another backyard, dogs chasing after him. The man looked like a mummy, only with bloodshot eyes. The dogs looked more like rabids than dogs. They had that wolfish look, but they were almost completely "sharp." Their teeth, their ears, their claws and their build. Sharp.
The dogs were nightsky black, with twenty sharp points on thier legs. Like little horns skipping up the leg. The dogs had straight up ears, sharp curving tails and teeth almost a foot themselves.
The mummy-like figure in gray jumped over the fence and entered Jason's backyard. The dogs leapt up as well, with little effort. When the mummy jumped over, it fell. The dogs landed on it. Jason, Dale, Bruno and Max watched in horror, as the dogs ripped out the thing's guts. Blood spilled out of the center of the blacked man, staining the blackness red. It was like the dogs were ripping the life out of the man, which seemed like it had no life in it at all. One dog looked over at the stunned boys. It got a glare in its eyes. The black fur blew in the breeze. The dog pointed its snout in the air, opened it and did what Jason thought for a howl. It turned out to be a flame. Sun-orange fire was sent rushing out of the dog's mouth. The dog then resumed looking. It took a step towards the boys. The boys ran. The dog ran. The other dog continued ripping out the guts of the mummy-man.
Running up the stairs, the boys soon found out that the Dogs could also jump high. It took them a few steps to get to the door. The dog had reached it before they took their first.
The vicious dog guarded the door. Jason felt his pockets. Something hard, metal. He reached out a sword. A sword was in his pocket. How it got there, Jason had no idea. But it was. And Jason could use it. Jason held out the gun. Dale looked over his shoulder. The Mummy-Man was dead. The other dog had left. And then...
"BAM."



Jason woke up. He was in a completely different world. The dogs were gone. THe Mummy-Man was gone. Instead, a man stood there. He had white hair and a black beard. That was a weird mix.
"Where am I?" he asked.
"You," said the man. "are in LifeScape."

© Copyright 2007 Carnifax (carnifax at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1364053-LifeScape-The-Dogs-and-the-Mummy-Man