*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1378268-Love-at-first-sight
by Vee
Rated: E · Novel · Romance/Love · #1378268
She never believed in love at first sight. Not until she met him.
Chapter One

          I looked about the room. I didn’t know what I was searching for. But something inside me shouted, “Look!” That’s when I saw him. He was, in some words, perfect. Blonde hair. Green eyes. Easy smile. Our eyes met across the crowded mall.
          He got up and began walking towards me. Neither he nor I had to say a word. At that moment I knew I was in love. His lips slowly melded to mine, in a deep kiss. Nothing mattered then. Not the people around us, or the fact that we didn’t even know each other’s names.
         “Do you believe in love at first sight?” He whispered into my neck. Any other time than this I would have laughed and walked away. I would have thought it was some cheesy pick up line.
“Yes, I do,” I whispered back.
          He pulled me into a tight embrace. I rested my head against his chest.
“I love you,” I whispered.
“I love you, too,” He said.
          After what seemed like hours, we finally pulled apart. We stood in silence, smiling at each other.
"What your name?" He asked.
"It's Kayla," I whispered.
"Kayla," He breathed. "What a beautiful name. I'm Sam."
"It's... uh, nice to meet you, I guess..." I was at a loss for words. What was I supposed to say?
          "Uh, Kayla? Where are we supposed to go from now? I mean, this whole thing was pretty fast paced. I'm in the mall, and then I see you. And now we're in love...."
"I know, Sam. It's confusing. But I do love you. I just can't really explain."
"I love you, too. So... what now?"
          "Why don't we just hang out? I mean, we are in the mall... We'll see what happens..."

          * * *

          By the end of the afternoon we had gotten to know each other quite well. We had a blast in the mall. We shared a cinnamon roll in the food court (and we both discovered that it was our favorite desert). We had a crazy time in the candy store, and got a two pound bag of candy. We both had sweet tooths. Sam waited while I tried on clothes. And we went to the photo booth and took great pictures.
          It was the end of a perfect day. I learned a lot about Sam, and that we were so much alike. That made me fall in love with him so much more...
© Copyright 2008 Vee (idk505 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1378268-Love-at-first-sight