*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1379829-I-dont-have-a-title-currently
by Vee
Rated: E · Novel · Romance/Love · #1379829
A story about finding love, and maybe losing it...
Chapter one
Blackout

         I sat dumbly, with a dull expression on my face. It felt as if my soul had been taken, my heart ripped out. All I wanted to do was to be alone… I felt that I needed no one else in the world but myself, because I had learned to be too dependent. I needed to survive on my own.
         On my own meant locking myself in my room; I still lived at my mother’s house. I was only sixteen, only sixteen yet I felt so dead inside. When you’re a teenager you are supposed to feel on top of the world, alive, free, wild! Those feelings have gone away. Now all I feel is pain and heartbreak.
         
It all started on a fall day….



* * *
          It was in mid October, and leaves were falling all around me. The air was surprisingly still warm, so I decided to go for a nice fall walk. I was going to enjoy the warm weather as long as I could, because I hated winter and all the things that came with it: bitter cold and snow. I was much more of a summer person then. Now I could care less what the weather is, I just try to make it through each day.
          I was walking down a narrow street, enjoying my surroundings. The smell of the air was sweet, it had just rained. There were yellow and orange leaves strewn about the streets, and I loved every crunch of the leaves under my feet. I starred at the bare trees, the sun shining its warmth upon me.
         I was not paying much attention to what was in front of me, rather what was surrounding me. I suddenly felt my feet run into something. I realized that I had tripped over a boy's foot that was walking past. I feel to the ground. Then everything went black.
          "Are you ok?” A male voice asked. I slowly opened my eyes, realizing that I was on the ground. And I was staring up at the most perfect male specimen I had every saw, and that statement still stands.
         “I’m fine…” I mumbled. I could feel a warm sensation on top of my head. I felt the top of my head and I realized it was bleeding. “What… happened?”
“You fell,” The boy said. “You tripped over me. I am so sorry, I feel responsible.”
“It isn’t your fault,” I said softly. “Am I going to the hospital? You're not just going to leave me in the middle of the road, are you? Walk and Run?”
“No,” The boy said. “The paramedics are on their way. Just don’t try to get up, ok? Just relax.”
         “How is one supposed to relax when they are lying on the ground and their head is bleeding?” I asked.
“Shh,” the boy hushed me. Then everything went black again.




Chapter Two
The hospital


          I woke up to an aching pain in my head. I looked about a room, and realized that I was in a hospital. It was a pleasant room, but somewhat boring. The walls and the floors were all painted white. There was a brown table next to my bedside, a single glass of water stood on it. It was a simple room.
         I looked down at my wrist because I had an itching sensation, realizing that I had an IV in my wrist. “She’s awake!” A heard a familiar voice exclaim. I soon realized that it was my mother.
         She rushed in the room.
“My baby!” She shouted. “Honey, are you alright?”
“No,” I groggily mumbled. “My head hurts and my wrist itches. What happened?”
“Well, dear,” My father began, “You tripped over that boy on the street, and cracked your head open. But he called the paramedics and stayed with you until the ambulance came. Nice young man.” Not just nice, I thought, he’s an angel. So he really was real. That beautiful boy. Sparkling green eyes, blonde hair… I sighed.
         “Did you say something, dear?” My mom asked.
“No, I was just thinking,” I replied. “So when do I get out of here?”
“Well, Jenna,” The doctor said, suddenly popping up behind my parents. “You get out this afternoon. Thankfully, we were able to stitch your scalp back together. With some rest, you should be fine. But take it easy for a couple of days.”
“With this aching headache,” I said, “all I want to do is sleep.” The doctor laughed, and handed me a paper cup in one hand, and a pain pill in the other.
         “This should make you feel better, Jenna,” she said. “But it will make you a little out of it. Have a nice day.” Ha, I thought. A nice day. Yeah, it would be nice if I wasn’t in the hospital for getting my head cracked open!


Chapter Three

         I had gotten home from the hospital last afternoon, and I was now relaxing comfortably in my room. There was a small knock on my door.
“Yes?” I called.
“Jenna?” My father called back. “Someone is here to see you.”
“Send them up!” I called. It was probably one of my friends wishing me well. I had missed school for the last couple of days.
         “Hi,” A deep voice spoke. I looked up to see the boy that had waited with me for the ambulance. I had thought him an angel.
“Hi,” I replied. “I never got your name.”
“Sam,” Sam said. “And you are…. Jenna, correct?”
“Very correct,” I said. “I’m impressed.”
“Well, I asked your parents.”
“Well, I should have figured.”
         “So, how are you feeling?” Sam asked me gently.
“I’m fine, I guess,” I said. “Those pain pills make you feel pretty damn good.” Sam laughed.
“I feel like I’m responsible for this,” Sam said, and I could hear the guilt in his voice.
“No, Sam,” I said. “It was my fault. I was the one walking in a street, in my own world. Thank god it was you instead of a car.”
“Yeah, thank goodness,” Sam said. “Then I wouldn’t have gotten to meet you.”
         “Do I detect charm in your voice, Sam?” I asked.
“Well Jenna,” Sam said. “I believe you do. I just had to meet you. You look a lot better without blood in your hair.”
“Well, it’s called shampooing,” I said. “And I hope that was meant as a compliment.”
“It was,” Sam said. “You are prettier than I imagined,” Sam said. “You were even pretty when you were on the pavement, and we were waiting for the ambulance. You were just looking at me with those big, beautiful blue eyes.”
         I blushed at Sam’s compliment.
“Sam, you are making me blush!” I said.
“Sorry!” Sam said, stopping.
“I didn’t say stop!” I exclaimed playfully.
“I could go on forever,” Sam said. “But I do have to go. I just wanted to meet you… Well, I guess see you. We kind of met when you tripped over me and onto the pavement.”
         “Don’t remind me,” I sighed.
“By the way,” Sam said. “I just moved in next door.”
“Wow,” I said. “What a way to be introduced to the neighborhood. Don’t get a bighead, but I usually don’t just trip over someone and crack my head open.”
“I feel special.”
“As you should,” I said playfully, continuing with the banter. “Well, welcome to the neighborhood! I have to ask: did I make a good second impression?”
         “You did very well,” Sam said. “Considering the first impression was not very… impressionable. Well, feel better, Jenna. I’ll see you around.”
“Promise?”
“I promise.”

Chapter Four

         I was getting dressed for school. I tossed a blouse, and skirt…. Most all of my wardrobe on my floor. It was my first day back to school since “the accident”. I knew Sam would be there at school, and for some reason, something inside told me: you have to look good today. But was it for Sam? Or was it just to make a come back with a good fashion sense.
         I rolled my eyes at thought. I was never really one for fashion; I just usually threw something simple on, like jeans and a tee. But something inside me felt different today. And then I thought of Sam. Sam. Sam. Sam. Sam was gorgeous. Maybe I was being shallow about my clothes for him. But why? I didn’t like him… Did I?
         I shook all my thoughts as I looked at the clock on my wall. It was almost time to go. I realized I was being vain and shallow, something I never wished to be. I put on my favorite pair of ripped jeans and a plain blue t-shirt. I got my back pack and headed out for school. I did not need to dress up for Sam, or anyone else for that matter.

* * *

          When I walked into the school, all the chatting students stopped talking to their friends and turned to look at me. Obviously news had gotten around that I was in the hospital. I rolled my eyes, searching the halls for a familiar face.
“Jenna!” A voice called behind me. I stopped walking and turned to face Sam. I smiled. When I looked into his eyes, it felt like fireworks went off inside me.
         "Sam, hi!” I exclaimed.
“I missed you,” Sam said.
“Yeah,” I said.
“Did you miss me?” Sam asked.
“Yeah,” I said. “I missed you too. I missed tripping over you, too.”
“Always one for the jokes, are we?” Sam asked.
“Why, Sam, you know me more than I thought.” I said.
          Sam, are we friends?” I asked him.
“Yeah, of course,” Sam said. “Well, I gotta go. See ya!”
“See ya,” I repeated. We were friends, huh? Just friends. Don’t ruin this, Jenna.
© Copyright 2008 Vee (idk505 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1379829-I-dont-have-a-title-currently