*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1379174-The-Soul-Keeper
Rated: E · Novella · Ghost · #1379174
my emotions/thoughts are a bit jumbled at the moment I might add more to it later.
The Butterflies of Worryness did dive-bombs in my stomach, even my heart. I was on the verge of crying; I just could not believe it was true... He was so harmless, so loving, so kind... Now I wasn't sure what was going to happen or if he still loved me the way he used to. If he didn't, I don't think my already-fragile heart could take it.
Both Nikki and I carried the same secret, one that most would find unrealistic and unusual. One that would make everyone else roll there eyes, get creeped out, or just shrug it off, maybe a mix of all three. But to Nikki and I, it was our everyday life.
Nikki and I have multiple souls. I have 7, of multiple gender, and she has 6 female, one male. And that one male, just happens to be the love of my life.
He was made for to love me, literally. If you could only dream how the perfect man should be, he was beyond better! But lately something has changed about him.
"Kyo is a soul and souls can become...tainted." The words still rand inside of my head.
"What are you talking about? Is he okay?" I asked Nikki.
"You see, he's...different. He's having me draw a rather disturbing picture of him. You're not going to like the expression."
"Why am I not going to like it? I don't understand..."
"His expression looks unusual... It looks demonic. He's acting demonic too and I feel really uncomfortable having him in MY SOUL right now..." she spoke with alot of emotion.
"...Is he going to be okay???!!!" I demanded hysterically.
" I don't know."
" Why is he being this way?" I asked her.
" I don't know... My guess is that he's angry that he doesn't have his own body and therefore he can't really be with you." she said with a touch of sympathy.
"Let me talk to him..." I insisted.
"I don't think you should.." Nikki replied.
I sighed, "I think I am going to let Jade out for awhile..."
"Okay.. Just be alright.."
"Alright." I said weakly. I closed my eyes and concentrated on my vampiric soul named Jade. And soon, I myself vanished into a different dimension.
"Hello." Jade spoke in her usual low, unenthusiastic tone.
"Hi Jade. Can you tell me what Kiori is thinking?" questioned Nikki with a hint of worry in her voice. "I'm sure I already know the answer though..."
"Yes. She is thinking about Demetre. And she is crying." answered Jade.
"...Crying?.." Nikki couldnt believe it.
"Yes. Crying." said Jade again.
"Get Kiori. Demetre wants to talk to her." Nikki and Jade both closed their eyes and concentrated on the specific souls they wanted to bring out and soon both Demetre and I were there. "Kiori, Darling?" spoke Demetre in the usual loving voice.
"Demetre?" I responded.
"Is there anything you wish to ask me first of all?"
"Why are you like this?" I asked hesitantly.
"It isn't fair! I want so badly to hold you and kiss you... But seeing as I'm a cloud of MIST I can't do that..."
"I know. I want the same thing. But if we release our souls and see each other, won't we be able to feel it?"
"Yes but.. It isn't the same as touching a real face." Kyo was right.
"I'm sorry. This is my fault! It was me who insisted on creating you in the first place." I cried out.
"Don't be sorry. You have nothing at all to blame on yourself, this isn't your fault..." he spoke. Somehow I didn't believe him. "Do you still love me?" he asked.
"Yes!' i answered immediatley.
"Good.."
"Are you ok?" I asked for about the millionth time.
"I feel like I've been taken over by some type of darkness..."
"Can you fight it?" I questioned. I crossed my fingers, hoping so deeply that he could.
"I'm trying, but to little avail it seems."
"Well keep fighting, okay? For me?" I begged him.
"Alright, I promise I will. I hope YOU can at least keep me sane."
"Yes, I hope so too!" I responded.
"Darling, I must be going now. Promise me you will be ok!" demanded Kyo.
"I promise." I wasn't sure I could keep that promise, but for him I'd try my hardest.
"Thank you. You have my heart now and forever."
"And you have mine." I replied whole-heartedly, and before I knew it, he was gone. Back into another dimension. I just prayed that he would be safe. I couldn't believe this was happening to any of us...
© Copyright 2008 GothicQueen (gothicqueen13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1379174-The-Soul-Keeper