*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1380848-Finding-meaning-in-your-life
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Inspirational · #1380848
This describes excitement-seeking as folly, and explains why in terms of taste.
Seven times seven: when work is interesting sex is not, sex is a bodily function; and when sex is interesting work is not: work is a quick snack while watching a great movie.
This is the way it would be if we lived right.
We would find we can make our sex hot by finishing work and find we can make our work intense by finishing sex -- if you understand.
The reason you may not understand, is that like many others, you seek excitement in life. The following gives reasons why excitement is not worth chasing.

Excitement is like a loud noise. Excitement is an ice-cream with out flavor. Nay, excitement is like a BIG icecream without flavor: tasteless, like a big lump of flavorless jelly, that no matter how hard you lick it, the taste never gets better.

In fact, the more exciting life becomes, the more bland it becomes, exciting but bland.

For example, some people overdose on excitement and die (well nearly all do, but rock stars make it an art form) they get addicted because life is exciting but tasteless; and so they think that if they get even more excitement it will fill the void in their lives. But the void is tastelessness.

A void is no taste and no flavor and therefore no direction toward greatest flavor: void.

Most people are like this, and when they get old they wonder what happened*: life was so quick and meaningless, bull's excrement happened and now its over in a flash: what an ugly feeling.
*If they think anymore.

The opposite of excitement is boredom. So boredom cannot exist if you do not seek excitement. No excitement, no opposite of excitement: no boredom.

Thus, smart people seek satisfaction not excitement -- they have interests not challenges. Only dumb people seek excitement.

Smart people slow down and really taste the flavors of life, and seek out the greatest flavor possible.
Dumb people are so excited they don't have time to actually taste life.

For dumb people life has to be exciting: the sport's match thrilling, the work they do challenging, relationships 'sparkling'. They fear boredom and so never really live, their lives have no direction nor means of getting better.

Whereas, a smart person who seeks the top flavor, has a direction and their lives improve: they get more skillful and precise, and their quality of life improves.
In this way they save energy and do not die.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Living is hard, but life is precise.

© Copyright 2008 precision (ellisraymond43 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1380848-Finding-meaning-in-your-life