*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1380849-Sport-and-effective-living
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Educational · #1380849
How to be a better tennis player: life live-er.
Let me see. Life, is like sport. Let me use tennis as an example.
The tennis player desires to win; but if he desires to win every single point of every single game, then there is no possible way he can improve his game, since winning is his goal and not how he wins.

Do you see what i mean? Its like in life too, everyone tries to win, but fails to improve their game. They just make money and babies and die.

What a pity. What a waste of a life. Everything was gained, everything was done, but there was no improvement, no increase of life skills. Old people know as much about living with each other as they did when they were first married -- lessons learned? Zero.

Look at Roger Federer for example. He has been at the top of the tennis world for some years, but all he tries to do is win.

How can he experiment with his game if he is afraid of losing even one little point? he can't. He cannot experiment and therefore he cannot improve his game; because he is afaid to try new tactics to increase his effectiveness.

You see in tennis, the aim is to move the opponent into a losing position. If this is done off a return of serve or a serve, then the game is of high effectiveness. however, we see long rallies happening because each player does not act with high effectiveness because they care too much about winning.

You see what i mean? A player should serve, and if he does not win in three strokes should stop playing and concede the point. because, his effectiveness counts, and beyond three strokes, his serve was obviously ineffective, unprecise.
It should be: one: push the player off side and force a weak return, two: make the player run and win the next point or volley a winner.
You see?
The same applies to return of serve: if its ineffective at once, forget the point: youv'e already lost.

Its the same in life. if we haggle about every single thing like a dog with a bone, our effectiveness is low: were like a tennis player who rallies to only slowly get the advantage. Your energy is precious, so don't waste it.
© Copyright 2008 precision (ellisraymond43 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1380849-Sport-and-effective-living