*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1381781-Whither-the-girl-child
Rated: E · Article · Opinion · #1381781
where exactly is the girl child?
The latest national convention of Indian Medical Association. The organizers all sport a minuscule badge with the writing difficult to read. But I managed to decipher the writing: 'Save the girl child' or something to that effect if I have read it wrong! A very uplifting happiness flooded me as also another small hoarding to that end and the literature distributed about the ban on sex determination tests so much rampant in our country. All said and done, I was really overwhelmed by this medical fraternity which seemed to go all the way to ensure the well being of the girl child! (The reader must have guessed it right that I was a lay woman among them). But as I walked the grounds I was confronted with a huge Hoarding which said, 'Mera Beta Doctor Banega', probably an advertisement for an Insurance Company. Not that I have anything against boys,I am the mother of one besides two daughters.
I think it would have been in the fitness of the theme being pursued so well, is that the advertisement concerning the children should be pursued in the right perspective so that the skewed of minds of our generation and those of our coming generations show no partiality in imparting education to their children so that they never have to look back and say that 'sex determination tests would have been better and we did not have to face the wrath of society as is so prominently seen in dowry deaths and molestation cases, now forming an integral part of our commercial society which feels anything goes as long it is the girls and woman involved. Unfortunately its the girls and women who are always at the receiving end with the males and the females not very far that 'she deserved it'! Lets really put our mind to the matter and see that the girl child is really protected and saved from the womb to the tomb with the intermittent time given for her overall development in the right manner so that our country,India, really grows into a 'Shining India'!

Suman G.Pai,
Dr.K.G.Pai,
Deepa Nursing Home,
Kanhangad,
Kerala-671 315
Tel.No.0467 2204674,
© Copyright 2008 amanush (paisuman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1381781-Whither-the-girl-child