*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1384484-Beyond-the-ocean
by Dora
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1384484
I sit here everyday looking for answers to all the questions that fill my mind.
The waves hit the shore and the cold breeze blows my way, filling my soul with uttermost joy. This is the one place that always makes my day, but the feeling today is crazy. My heart is heavy and my back aches, I have been sitting here for ages and can't seem to get up. My friend is seated next to me, I feel her breathing down on my neck. She has gotten to my nerves till I have no more left. Funny thing is, I love her company, because she brings me back to my senses. The sunset is beautiful just touching the water a little with orange and red rays striking the ocean to form an uncertain color that looms all over the surface. No picture could capture the beauty of nature as I see it right now, my friend talks saying that I am weak and impossible to handle. She keeps on saying that humanity is weak and we count on supernatural forces to solve problems that we create. I take one quick disgusted look at her and smile, for though she sounds inconsiderate she is very right. But a voice from the deep blue sea calls on me and I am eager to respond. I uncross my numb legs and walk towards the ocean, slowly tracing the melodic voice, the voice of redemption. The water feels cold, but my body gets warm at the thought of having some solace, living far away from this crazy world. My heart beats in tune with the rising tides and I fell elated, for once I find myself smiling!
"So is this how far you are wiling to go?" A voice from behind asks me, I turn around to see my friend right behind me. She looks pale and tired, all the life has been drained out of her.
"What do you mean by how far?"
"Do you think that once you go in, you will be able to come back?"
"Exactly."
"So you'd rather lose your llife than hope for the best?"
"Hope is just but a disappointment."
"So you are going into the water?"
"Yeah, all roads lead to the sea, don't you read any books?"
"Okay, I will be waiting for you at the shore."
"I'm never coming back, at least I don't intend to."
After saying this I realize that, I mean every word and do not intend to come back for whatever reason there is. That is the beauty of nature it engulfs you and leaves you weak, in awe of it's beauty, power and resolution. I am going in and not coming back, at least I shall have gotten my answers...they lie beyond the ocean.
© Copyright 2008 Dora (martty at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1384484-Beyond-the-ocean