*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1385628-The-Truth-About-Death
by Primal
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Death · #1385628
A man, and his journey in the afterlife.
Sitting here, in my death bed, I have come to realize what I have had. The family I kept, the Friends I served, and the job I excelled at. Things come to you like that, when you're dieing. You know, the final cut, the light is pouring from the tunnel. This is the time when you make amends, and pray for forgiveness, and find God. Because if you don't you just want fit in, you will just go to Hell.

Isn't that just what the priest said? Maybe it was less obvious, hidden by crafty scriptures and blatant preaching views. Hell, I haven't even read the Bible since I was a little guy, rolling on the living room floor of my parents den. That was eons ago. I am 73, that is a long time. Not really, it went by pretty fast, I must say.

Details have become unclear, though. You see, when you are dieing, thoughts become translucent, and feeling is mute, because all you can hear is the sound of mystery. That sound is like an airplanes engine, going off into your ear, shattering the brain, and silencing the thoughts.

Thats okay though, as I look around at my family. Three children, of course. Emily, Joe, and Chelle. Michelle actually, but we always called her Chelle. That is another story. Well, they are probably wondering what they will get out of this. I am quite wealthy. That is how I made it, living the American dream. Working my knuckles to the grind stone. Climbing the ladder of success, and yes it was slippery. Not just with hard times, but with the grease of slight handed folks. You know, the people who cheat at life. They have to do everything in their power to get by, and cheating folks is the main tool.

But I bypassed them, because I was smart, that is how I was raised. My hands are very wrinkled, and I have to think, why? I have worked so hard in this life, struggled, built a family, a life, and now I'm watching it crumble. Sure, they have bright futures, I know it. I'm kind of jealous at their virtue, the life that they have. I'm jealous that mine is being taken away. You know, it's like when you were a kid, and in rebellion you throw that sucker into the trash, and you look at your mother with scorned eyes. Oh yes, and you mock in laughter.

Then minutes later, you cry. Because you really wanted that sucker. That is how life works, you never know how good you have it, till death comes knocking with his reaping scythe. What does he reap again? Oh thats right, souls. My soul seems a bit shaky, perhaps that is why. My family is crying more, it makes me sad, watching them spill their shimmering tears onto the floor.

Over me? But why. Why... We often ask this about life. Darkness is encompassing me now, I can feel the chill of death. It's kind of like when you have set in water for a long time, letting your skin get wrinkly, and your become very hungry. The look in everyones eyes are very urgent, and flushed with grief. My heart thuds, then stops. It's over. It has to be. Yet, in some odd wonder, I still think. Well, isn't this just great. Somewhere along dying I get caught in between. Oh, a voice, perhaps an angel? Or maybe God. Well, i'm climbing these stairs now. They are of rich marble, and the rails are ivory, coated in vines of a fine wine. That was akward. Well, lets see where this goes..till next time.


Maybe..something..tell me if you liked it..
© Copyright 2008 Primal (ocelottruth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1385628-The-Truth-About-Death