*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1386439-Katie-and-Simon-Go-for-a-Walk
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1386439
A very short children's story. It needs illustration!
Katie and Simon are sister and brother. They have a Momma and a Papa, and they live in a little townhouse with a white kitchen. Simon is a baby, and Katie is two. Katie is the Big Sister, and she takes good care of Simon. She helps him to have adventures that he is too little to have by himself.

One day, Katie and Simon went for a walk. Momma was in the kitchen making lunch, so Katie put on a coat. She opened the door. She helped Simon into the stroller. She gave Simon a blanket. And then Katie pushed the stroller through the doorway and out of the house. Katie showed Simon a purple flower in the garden. “Ta!” said Simon. Katie pushed Simon through the gate and showed him a little puppy, also out for a walk. “Ba!” said Simon. “Wa-woof!” said Katie. Katie gave Simon a beetle from the sidewalk. It tickled, and Simon laughed.

Katie looked for something else to show Simon. She saw Momma running down the street as fast as she could go. “Momma!” pointed Katie. But Simon couldn’t see. He was facing the wrong way. Momma gave them both a kiss and a hug. She took the beetle out of Simon’s mouth. “Yuck!” said Momma. She took them back past the puppy and the purple flower and the doorway. Momma locked the door with all three locks, hung up Katie’s coat, and gave some lunch to Katie and Simon, who were both very hungry.

“Aaa,” said Simon.

“Tank-oo!” said Katie.

“Whew!” said Momma.

THE END.
© Copyright 2008 Tse Guin (tseguin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1386439-Katie-and-Simon-Go-for-a-Walk