*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1387253-And-for-all-that
Rated: E · Short Story · Animal · #1387253
this feline Cleopatra has decided to grace me with her presence..
She suddenly appears out of nowhere...a mysterious sphinx of long-time past.. her pharon-like majesty evident in the way she sits silently waiting - silently watching - with her clear green eyes knowingly looking through the glass door. Surveying me and the surroundings as if the entire world was at her feet – the Queen of Queens – the Cleopatra of cats has arrived for her daily visit.

She is not even mine. She has adopted me – how generous she is, and how honoured I am. She does not even ask to be fed. Every day she visits me, just to be petted and loved for a few minutes each day. She does a little summersault, rolls over and loves being tickled and stroked. When she’s had enough, she puts out her paw royally as if to signal the end of the séance and looks at me with her beautiful green almond eyes. How can you not help but love her.

Today she arrived – her regal head and ears listening for some unknown signal from her ancestors or maybe just a whiff of a garden mouse to catch ? ! ! I only allow her (SHE must be a “she” with her imperial airs and graces ! !) to come into the kitchen – although she has made a tour of the house and appears to like it a lot, she might get too comfortable and as she has another family, it would not be right to keep her.

Then signalling the end of her visit, she hesitantly looks at the door, delicately steps out into the garden, looks back as if to say « au revoir » but not goodbye, and disappears as if she never came. And for all that, she’s not my cat...
© Copyright 2008 Wild and Restless Rose (meropi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1387253-And-for-all-that