*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1388227-A-Knight-in-the-Darkness
Rated: E · Other · Inspirational · #1388227
My life as I have lived it. A short story.
A knight in the darkness

Searching for you in the darkness has been a long journey, one that would find me in the hole.
Sometimes the hole was filled with despair and pain. I tried with limited tools to carve out stairs leading me out.
As I would get one carved out a glimpse of light would shine in and then fade away’

The hole must have been visible to those that walked above, because in the darkness I could see the shadows now and then. Trash was thrown into the hole. I moved the trash to the other side of the hole.

I continued to cut out pieces for my feet to step, but the whole seemed to deep, glimpse of light still continued to shine in and fade away.

Many days I just sat and pondered how I got into this hole in the first place, Why I was in darkness, but able to see light from time to time.

I heard voices from my past echoing in my head. They were unkind. Sometimes I heard voices from above, I cried out, but they kept on moving past.

In the depth of the hole trash continued to build…Until I could no longer push it away, I was drowning in it. As I caught my breath I found away to step above the garbage. The steps I had carved shined a glimpse of light showing me a place to rise above the trash.

But I was not out of the hole, but was able to stand and continue to dig out places to put my feet, firmly.

In the darkness there was always hope, Hope that I would see the true Light. Hope, my feet would feel solid ground. That Life, my life would change. Hope, that someone would give me a Hand Up, so that I could walk in the beautiful Light.

One day while more trash was being thrown on me, I heard a strong, deep, confident voice in the darkness, saying Come… to this end of the hole.

I told the voice I could not get out that way and I had worked so hard on this side of the hole for so long.

The voice in the darkness laughed and said Trust Me, I will help you up!
It seemed as if the Trash grew holding me down, trying to suffocate me, Once again tying to take my life, not allowing me to get out of the hole.

The voice in the darkness so soft and so sweetly called again, saying this is the Way to get out , Walk this way, Trust Me and I will save you.

I began to fight, once more threw the trash, threw the darkness I fought. As I got closer and closer to the other side I became blinded by the Light, it was so bright, I felt I had to hide myself. Knowing I was so dirty, covered by my own filth, and the trash that had been forced upon me by others. But I so wanted out of the hole, seeing myself in the light, I pulled back believing I did deserve to be in the hole. I could not lift my head or my hands to the voice or the light.

Once again I heard the voice call to me, Come and I will make you clean. The light will not hurt you but give you all you desire. Will make your hope complete.

I kneeled, seeing the Light over take the darkness, I cried out , lifted my head and my hands to the Light, finding myself above and no longer below. My Feet on solid ground.

As I looked up to see and thank my rescuer, I saw a warrior!

Threw the darkness of my life I searched for Jesus, I called out. Threw all the Trash and dirt in my life, He heard my cry and he answered me, Lifted out of my hole, gave me Hope, and gives me strength.

He made me whole.In so many ways.
© Copyright 2008 Writer of life (bigtruckdriver at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1388227-A-Knight-in-the-Darkness