*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1389286-Chapter-1-Its-all-About-Genetics
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1389286
Why you shouldn't mess with the human genetic structer
The brisk wind hit my face as I dodged trees and ducked under the branches. They were catching up to me and in a few seconds, would have me. To my luck I stumbled upon a river, perfect for hiding in. there was a torrential downpour so the bottom of the river would not be visible. Taking a deep breath I dove in and waited for them to pass. Because of there sate of pure brutality they did not see me jump and continued on. Completely drenched, I looked to see if they were out of site. Seeing that they were, I made my run for it.
Let me explain what was going on. It all started when I graduated from college at the top of my class. I had been studying genetic enhancement for the past eight years. When I took my first step into the real world I was offered a job. They didn't give me the specifics but I figured that it was genetic work so I accepted. That was my first mistake you see; the company I went to work for was no company anyone has ever herd of. The reason for that is because they didn't want to be known. This company was mad one with one goal, to take over all the Earth. As I was saying I was put into the field rate of the bat making a formula to enhance the genetic structure of a human being. This formula made a man inhumanly strong and unimaginably fast. Then on that unfaithful day I had completed the impossible, I made my superhuman serum. You ask me why it was unfaithful. The reason is because about ten seconds after I had completed my lives work my boss showed up in the room. “congratulations.” he remarked with sly grin. His skin was as pale as the snow on a brisk winter day. His figure was as thin as paper and could probably would die didn't eat in the next fifteen seconds. The next thing I knew two men gabbed me and held me against the table.
“Why are you doing this to me?” I cried “I did what you asked, now let me go!”
The ghost of a man chuckled under his breath. “I know and it is much appreciated, but you see the information in your head, it is much too precious for anyone else to find out. So as you are slowly figuring out in that wonderful mind of yours, we are going to have to kill you.” he said as though he was thoroughly enjoying my pain. He chuckled as if what he had said was clever. “But you see killing you here and now, that would be no fun, no fun at all. In fact we are willing to give you a ten minuet head start because that’s how nice we are and also, it’s how long it will take for these men to gain the full effect of the superhuman serum.” He stopped as to give what he was saying more of a dramatic effect. “you ten minuets start now, RUN FOREST RUN!” and I ran, ran till I could run no more and leads me to were I left off, running back to destroy the monstrosity I had created.
To be continued....
© Copyright 2008 Jack Micdevit (flip724 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1389286-Chapter-1-Its-all-About-Genetics