*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1389690-Reflections
Rated: E · Poetry · Other · #1389690
how the past influences our todays and tomorrows..
The Past with its memories have always amazed me as to how it influences the everyday events of our lives.
Its early morning and its raining as I gaze out the window recalling old use-to-bes and goodbyes...
Its a very lazy melancholy mood and the sound of the rain makes all remembered seem distant and yet near..
Memories parade before me bringing back images and sounds as I half smile through familiar and all but forgotten tears..
I recall the warmth and love I've held in my arms from time to time and quiet conversations and promises of love and hope spoken silently in hearts and minds..
I can see clearly years gone by as if it were yesterday..
I see places , hear sounds , recall smells of places I've been and now wished Id have stayed..
We seem to go thru life wishing and dreaming for and about things we've already had.
Trying only to remember the good and trying to fogive and forget the bad and the sad.
I know no more now than I did then,
I can only silently weep and marvel at all the could have beens ...
And I know when the rain stops , Ill put away these thoughts , these memories, and once again feeling a little sadder and humbled and will begin again.
And in beginning again Ill once more limit my focus on out racing time..
For I do know our lives , our hearts,our souls pas thru this life in less than a twinkling of an eye..I also know memories are like old friends..
And I can't wait until its time for the rain  to come again....
© Copyright 2008 BDaniel (danielb510 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1389690-Reflections