*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1391715-The-Theft-of-the-Moaning-Pizza
by Anubis
Rated: E · Short Story · Animal · #1391715
Who stole the pizza?
The Theft of the Moaning Pizza

  The mother is crying, for what I do not know?  Whatever is making her upset apparently took a long while to make.  It also was for the whole family but it was also good for one person or animal.  Now she will have to start over again so the family will have to wait.  Man, they do not look like they are happy.  Especially the father, who yelled at the children but the children did nothing.  The father only can speculate who took their precious food. Yes, it was food that was taken but by who.  Only the thief could know.  It was a pizza, boy did it smell good, not just plain cheese pizza, it was a pepperoni, mushroom, olive mouth-watering pizza.  It was just taken off the counter and disappeared.  Before we get too far, lets back up to when the delectable pizza was taken.

  It started on the evening of the sixth of June about four thirty.  In the kitchen where the mother is cooking.  The mother had taken out the pizza and placed it on the counter a few minutes ago.  The smell of the pizza wafted through the house making everyone hungry.  As it was cooling, the thief made his move.  He grabbed the pizza and ran.  He ran out the door and to the outside.  From there the family came into the kitchen, not expecting of the tragic event that just occurred, to find that the pizza was gone.  The mother got upset and the father got angry.  Now that you are caught up we shall continue with the present time.

  The mother started cooking another pizza.  While she was cooking, she was getting frustrated for there was hair on the counter top, a lot of hair.  It was short, coarse, black hair.  The hair was just everywhere.  She just wiped off the hair and continued cooking, for it was the only thing she could do.  Soon the aroma of the new pizza was filling the house, it could surpass the smell of the old pizza.  I just could take a bite of it right now but can‘t for it is in the oven.  As I was reminiscing about the new pizza, when I heard a ruckus out in the hall so I headed there to see what is going on.  It was the father, he was yelling at the children.  For what?  I do not care, for I smelled the sent of crumbs.

“How many times do I have to tell you,” the father yelled, ”to clean up your messes.”

“We didn’t do this,” screamed back the children.

“I don’t care just, oh great, the dog is licking the crumbs off the floor,” said the father
with a sigh. 

  Man, the crumbs were good. It tasted like pizza crust, but I do not care for it was good.  The only thing missing from the crumbs is the rest of the pizza, which the thief took.  Now I am getting mad, for I want the pizza now.  But right now I have to go to the bathroom real bad.

  As I stand by the door waiting to go out, I notice a stray pepperoni that the thief dropped.  It smelled good since it was fresh.  As I was about to eat it, the father snatched the pepperoni up.  The next thing I know he tossed it into the garbage.

“You do not need people food,” he said, “your getting a little chubby.”

  Chubby! Chubby! I am not chubby.  I can’t believe that he called me chubby, a little plump but not chubby.  Not only that, he throw away a perfectly good piece of pepperoni.  This is not a good day for man and dog alike.  I think I’m going to cry. The loss of a perfectly good pizza, pepperoni and being called chubby would make any dog cry.

  The door creaked as the father opened the door.  He finally going to let me out after one of the most saddest thing.  As he let me out, he noticed some dirty foot prints by the door.

“Kids, how many times do I have to tell you to wipe the dog’s feet when you bring him in,” yelled the father down the hall.

“We did not let the dog out today,” yelled one of the children back.

  Yes, I went out but I will not tell you how I got out for that is my secret.  But for now that is not important, what is important is to let me outside before I add a stain to the floor.  Letting me outside is not going fast. I REALLY have to go but the father is taking his sweet, merry time.  So I just push the door open because I will not make it if the father let me out.  Okay, so I just let out my secret to get outside with out any of the family help but that’s okay.

  Now that‘s over and I’m back inside the house.  Oh man, I can smell the pizza and it smells absolutely delicious.  I just cannot wait to get my paws on it.  As I head over to the kitchen, the mother stopped me and shoved me into my kennel.  But I was not going to stay there very long.  I charge out of the kennel and knocked over the mother.  I have date with a pizza and no one’s going to get in the way.  That is until the father stopped me about two feet away from the kitchen.  As I try to sneak pass him, he grabbed my collar and shoved me into the bedroom and closed the door on me before I could get turned around and escape.  I am so close to getting the pizza but now I am trapped in the bedroom.  This is cruel and unusual punishment for me.  They are not even going to let me beg at the table.  They cannot do this, I am not going to let them.  I am going to bust down this door and grab the pizza.

  I start to knock at the door but it will not budge.  I just keep on knocking at the door until someone opens the door.  Soon the door opens to the annoyed face of the father but I do not care.

  “Will you stop banging at the door…,” he said but did not let him finish.  I just plowed over him.  I headed towards the kitchen. The delicious pizza is waiting for me.  It will be a joyous moment for me.  As I round the door way into the kitchen, the mother is screaming for me to stop. Stop!  Stop!  I am not going to stop.  I’m a dog on a mission and I am going to complete it.  Soon the pizza is in my mouth and is it was delicious.  I quickly turn around and head outside.  But before I could get out of the kitchen, the father grabbed me.

“Well, well now we know who stole the first pizza, now don’t we,” he said with a smile on his face.

  Yes, you’ve caught me, the pizza thief.  I would have gotten away with it.  The only thing that gave away my secret is my insatiable craving for pizza.  I am my only down fall.  But I will strike again, it is only time.  I have all the time in the world for pizza.  But for now I will wait for I will be imprisoned for a long time.  As sit in my prison, I will plan my next heist of the rare, delectable, juicy pizza.  It will be the best heist of pizza that will ever happen.  They will be talking about it for ages.  I will go down in history in the books of the dogs.  But for now all I could do is plan.  With that final thought I will leave you to plan and think and sit here until I am released.

T
         H
                   E
E
         N
                   D

Until next time, Good night.
© Copyright 2008 Anubis (black_dragon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1391715-The-Theft-of-the-Moaning-Pizza