*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1392208-Chapter-One-It-All-Begins
by Lianna
Rated: E · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1392208
First chapter of Into the Jungle. Please leave feedback.
   
    Seriah was 18 years old. Graduated in the class of 07', and now  she walked down the road with her red hair blowing in the wind. She was heading for the Great Jungle.       
    "Why was am I going to the Great Jungle," is the question that she kept asking herself, "because of some stupid bet," she kept saying to answer her question.
      Earlier that day, when she had walked into the saloon their were some guys there.
     
      "Hey guys. Look at what the wind blew in. It's Miss Ritzy," one guy said as Seriah walked in the saloon.
      "Oh, and look what she brought with her. Her pep pep peppiness," another said in a high peppy voice. 
      "Oh shut up you two. You know I'm not all like that," Seriah replied to their rude statements.
      "Oh yeah. Then prove it. I bet you couldn't last a week in the deepest, darkest part of the Great Jungle over there," said the first one points out the window to the jungle outside.
    "No, Jerry, your wrong. She couldn't last a minute!" said the other in a loud, criticizing tone.
    "I'll show you two. I bet that I can stay in the Great Jungle for two weeks!" she yelled at them full of anger.
    "And if you don't, then you have to work here at the saloon for a week," said the one that the guy called Jerry.
    "Okay. And if I do, then you two have to rake my yard, for a month," she said to them in a confident voice.
     
    She walked on further. The wind was blowing hard, and it was making it chilly, so she had to pull up her collar to keep her neck warm, and squint her baby blue eyes so they would stop bugging her. 
      When she came to the start of the forest it looked as though there would be some ravenous creatures in there, but she wasn't going to back down. She had to prove to everybody that she could be rough and tough, and that she wasn't only a pretty package with lots of pep, grace, and wuss inside, even if the only thing she wore were those pink mini-skirts, and polo tops. She was more than that, and she was going to prove it.
      All she had with her were her in stinks, a calendar marked with the date October 15, 2007, and a meat log that had been cooked the night before.
      She walked into the forest, a little scared, but not completely frightened. As she walked, the only thing she saw, were the tall, wet trees.
      She kept walking, then she found a nice place by a banana tree to stay at for a little while. Since it was a banana tree She wouldn't have to worry about finishing off her meat log in the first couple of nights.
      Then, there it was. The scariest thing ever to be seen on the planet. It was like nothing ever seen before. It was tall, about 9 feet. It was heavy, maybe 400 pounds. It was ugly! It had a clayish color of skin, a huge nose, big green eyes, tusks on each side of his big fat mouth, and now it spoke. "Who are you?" it asked in a deep, blurry voice.
      "I-I'm Seriah. I came here to g-gaze at the beauty of the G-Great Jungle and I fear that I got l-lost," Seriah replied, trying her best to make her lie sound real. She didn't want a 9 foot, 400 pound, ugly thing to know that she was in it's forest for a bet.
      "Don't lie to me. If you are not lying, then say to me, looking at me, that you came here, and got lost," the thing said in a , surprisingly, calmed tone.
      "I-I came here...okay. I was lying. The real reason I am here, is because some people were making fun of how w-weak I was. Then we m-made a bet. They said that I couldn't last a week in here, and I told them that I could last t-two," Seriah said frightened.
      "Well why didn't you say so. I know how it feels to be made fun of. I am made fun of all the time for being prettier than everybody else," the creature said. Really. Prettier. Seriah thought in her head. "Well, come with me and we'll see if we can find a place for you stay."
      "Okay," I said. "I'll come."



     
© Copyright 2008 Lianna (lianna at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1392208-Chapter-One-It-All-Begins