*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1392238-Lost
by Lianna
Rated: E · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1392238
First chapter of lost. Leave feedback.
It was another boring day. All I had was to sit here, or go back to sleep. But I wasn't tired. No I was restless. My parents are coming today! I haven't seen them in months! I was planning to actually have some fun instead of being stuck here, but I should look good for my parents when they come. I should get ready instead of sitting on this couch in my baggy pjs.

I put on a t-shirt, some jeans, brushed my long brown hair, and then I heard the doorbell. It must have been my parents. So I rushed down to answer the door, but instead of my parents, it was the mail man. I gathered the mail, and I opened the letter with my name on it. It said,

Dear Amber,

We won't be able to make our trip to visit you.
Your dad is really sick.
I hope we didn't dissapoint you.
Hope to see you soon!

                   
                              Love,
                              Mom



She had no idea how much that hurt me. I been waiting for months and now they tell me they aren't coming. It's their fault this started anyway. It was four months ago when my parents betrade me. I was ready to go and have some family fun, but Dad
and Mom had their own plans. They were trying to get rid of me for a year so they can have some time alone. They begged my aunt to take me in, but that's not all. They even called me annoying! I'm still mad at them, but I miss them more than anything.

My heart was broken, and I was about to cry when I heard a noise. There was a man at the door.

"Hello, how may I help you," I said with a sad, annoyed voice.

"I am your mom's brother. I'm here to tell Amber some news."

"That's me."

"Your Father.."

"What about my father?" I said in a worried voice.

"Your mom called me, and told me that he passed away."

"What!" I started to sob! "Why does everything bad happen to me?" I scrame in a screechy voice.

"If you don't mind, I have to go now."

"No. I don't mind," I said very sadly.

I was at my aunt's house. My mom and dad have been gone for months. My aunt is gone, out getting her hair done. And now I found out that Daddy is dead! I haven't seen him for months, and now I never will ever again!

Whe I settled down, I started thinking. I knew I had to do something. But what? I had no idea of what to do. Aunt Ruby came home and started to fix dinner. I didn't know if I should ruin her day. She seemed so happy with long red hair pulled back so you could see her light blue eyes. She was humming a tune. A tune I couldn't pick up. Dinner was done but, the pain hurt so much I couldn't eat or talk.

"What's wrong?" asked Aunt Ruby.

I started to cry again.

"Please tell me"

"Daddy passed away."

"He did? Why..why didn't you tell me."

She had a tear in her eye.

"I'm so sorry. It was too sad" I mumbled.

She didn't say anything else.

I wondered what she was thinking. She had a look on her face that I couldn't even make out. Her face looked sad, but it also looked happy. I had no idea she how felt. Just that I need to get out of here, and go and see my mom.





                 
© Copyright 2008 Lianna (lianna at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1392238-Lost