*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1392541-RV-Boomer
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by ryeder
Rated: E · Other · Travel · #1392541
Reasons to live off the grid.
I’m sitting here today under the awning of my motor-home, enjoying the sun with the 74 degrees, and feeling exceptionally fortunate of not being back in the snow and cold of winter. The shuttle has just landed with two loud cracks of the sound barrier being broken and touched down safely at the Kennedy Space Center. Where I am parked for a short time, I can view the liftoffs of all projectiles destined for space. This last space mission was unique for me. I watched the shuttle leave, and I watched it’s safe return.

Recently, I have been taking time out of building my website, and have been the exploring the blog scene utilizing some favorite keywords, and have found myself returning to a number of boomer blog sites. There are several I gravitate to regularly. There are many more, and as time progresses, I am sure I will add to the list.

The Boomer Chronicles

The Savvy Boomer

The Rearview Mirror

I am impressed and at time envious of the quality of some blog postings, under the auspices of being humorous, informative, or entertaining. As stated earlier, I am attempting to build a website for RV living, as this topic is also my lifestyle. I am also attempting to blend this RV lifestyle and boomer resources into a fluid database that not only provides information and resources, but expounds and compels the spirits of the boomer generation to explore an alternative option to their lives. That living off the grid is not only an easy goal to achieve, but rekindles the inner spirit to seek new adventures. It matters not that your choice be that of a fulltimer, a seasonal traveler, or just recreational. It only matters that you take the time to explore the opportunities presented to you. My arguments for conversion are few.

1. North America is a huge land mass, and has limitless places to explore.

2. We have worked all our lives for the benefit of others and now is the time to make time for ourselves.

3. We deserve a break from the routine of our lives.

4. No, it is not selfish, it is a well earned reward.

Rv-visions.com
© Copyright 2008 ryeder (ryeder at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1392541-RV-Boomer