*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1392545-RV-Spirit
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by ryeder
Rated: E · Other · Travel · #1392545
Philosophy on living off the grid
“Life’s more than breath and the quick round of blood;

It is a great spirit and a busy heart.” Philip James Bailey



I was beginning to believe that there is nothing that is more damaging to a person’s spirit than a Monday morning. The irritating sound of an alarm ordering your participation in an eight hour dance, and the realization that this is the beginning steps to a forty hour plus marathon, dancing to someone else’s music, and finding the beat becoming stagnant and uninspiring. Yes , I realize that there are those lucky individuals who love their chosen careers, and I compliment them to have found a position and a goal in life that feeds their spirit.

As for myself, my gifts to the world are those that arise from the field of construction. I have made my mark upon this planet by assisting in the construction of new bridges, new cell towers, new roads, and new homes. These accomplishments are nothing of great importance when one considers the many achievements of great minds and ambitions of others, but it is my personal contribution for the betterment of those who live here around me, and it validates the notion that what I did was a positive contribution. With this I am comfortable.

Many of my reflections on life seem to materialize while watching the sun slowly retreat behind a high mountain, settling into the recesses of night by blazing the sky with fiery colors that reflect from the clouds and bath the land in colors that are as languid as the dying embers of my campfire. The darkening skies bring on a peaceful reassurance that one’s spirit can be rejuvenated through simple inspirations. I am not one who indulges in the psycho-babble of self help manuals that fill the shelves of many bookstores, but realize that the popularity of this type of publication demonstrates that many in this world are searching for answers through the eyes and minds of those who think they have found the path towards enlightenment. It is a constant quest for many, a losing battle for some, and a goal that few have realized.

In the book “The Republic”, Plato’s parable of the caves could be considered one of the better descriptions of spiritual development, and may provide assistance in understanding the challenge of spiritual evolution.

“Spirituality can comprise both inner growth, changing oneself as one changes one’s relationship with the external universe, and the outer process of transforming the physical reality around oneself as a result of the inward change. Some authorities connect the two, suggesting that outer change arises through the inner realization that all is oneself; whereupon the divine inward manifests the diverse outward for experience and progress.”

rv-visions.com
© Copyright 2008 ryeder (ryeder at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1392545-RV-Spirit