*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1392546-Personality-test
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by ryeder
Rated: E · Other · Travel · #1392546
What's in a personality test. Take warning.
Just for kicks, I recently completed one of those “Tickle” free personality tests. It cost me approximately 10 minutes of my time, but the return from this investment keep me amused much longer. The idea of this test is to expose your true nature based on 15 different personality traits, in effect: Independence, Intelligence, Creativity, Determination, Honesty, Confidence, Romanticism, Reliability, Stability, Optimism, Easygoing, Adventurousness, Communication, Compassion, Humor.

Needless to say, I reaffirmed my mistrust of these types of evaluations within several short minutes. According to the results of this particular questionnaire, I should be a free rolling mushroom, teaching a class on creativity via the internet. My stability is questionable, my thoughts pessimistic by nature, and I would be a somewhat uptight and stressed out old bugger. What limited communications skill I possess would be that of guttural grunts, the waving of my arm over my head, and while pounding on the ground with a log.

Unfortunately, the results of the last few traits do become much less flattering so we just won’t even go there, and considering the overall viability of this testing method, so far, so good.

Maybe I should attempt to face off with the mirror to determine what my short comings are, and try to compensate for my liabilities.

Nah.

I figure I am ahead of the game because I can communicate with people, albeit, it is difficult at times.

I guess the point I’m trying make is this: It is easy to listen to the words of other people, and no matter how beneficial the advice offered to you, in actuality, it is you, and only you who finally determines your self-worth and what your actual needs are. It is you who decides which options work, which ones do not, which ones you can be comfortable with. Remember: Never under estimate the power of your imagination or your dreams.

For myself, I chose the road.

rv-visions.com
© Copyright 2008 ryeder (ryeder at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1392546-Personality-test