*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1393152-Just-an-Excerpt
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Friendship · #1393152
They probably won't ever remember this conversation. But life is full of these moments.
“School sucked today.”

“When does school not suck? Honestly…”

“Yea. Everyday pretty much sucks here. In hell.”

“I’m with you there Em, just ten minutes ago Anthony Walters found it funny to-”

“I must say, you two are rather negative today.”

“Bah. Eat shit Carrie. Not everyone has a perfect life like you.”

“Yea. Eat shit.”

“Well that’s lovely lady talk.”

“…”

“Oh, and such charming finger jesters Kara,”

“You’re quite welcome Care.”

“Anyways, now that wonderful public display of maturity has past, I have to tell you guys something major.”

“Now this sounds serious,”

“Sarcasm doesn’t suit you Emily,”

“Pfft. You’re just jealous of my superior, smart, sexy and overall ghetto-fabulous self.”

“…”

“…”

“Hey! Laughter can stop now…”

“…”

“…”

“Anytime’s good…”

“Ahh… okay. Sorry there Em. It’s just… don’t dance like that again. Ever.”

“I agree with Carrie on this one. You looked rather… dorkish, and that’s putting it nicely.”

“Really?”

“Yea. It was kind of embarrassing actually.”

“…”

“Emily! I said stop!”

“Ah! Damn it Kara! I don’t know if anyone’s ever told you this, but your pinches hurt like hell!”

“Guys! Back to my news?”

“Oh! Sorry there Carrie. So, what’s so major?”

“Well, Dan Maxley may have or may have not shared his interest in a certain someone with me,”

“Oh my god! Tell me please! Wait, how did you find this out? Was he obvious? Or was it hinted? Because hints can be misread, which leads to awkward embarrassment! Oh god, never mind, I don’t give any anyways… What did he say?”

“Whoa there Kara! Breathe much?”

“Emily! Now is not the time for interruptions! This is important! Now Carrie, what did he say?”

“Well we were in math class when-”

“Math class? I didn’t know you guys sat near each other? I mean you would’ve told me-”

“Now, now Kara, it's not the time for interruptions…”

“Suck on it Em!”

“Hey! Do you or do you not want to here my news? And to answer your question, he came up to me when we had to hand in our tests… Anyways, he simply asked if you were dating someone and I said no and then he smiled and asked me to give you this,”

“A note? That’s lame.”

“Hush Em. Let her read it.”

“…”

“Well?”

“…”

“Hey, Kara,”

“Wow.”

“Still with us then?”

“Tomorrow night at six o’clock.”

“Err… say what?”

“That’s when he is going to pick me up to go to a movie. Tomorrow night at six o’clock.”

“Aw Kara!”

“Okay Carrie… hugs… tight… have to… breathe…”

“Ha-ha.”

“What?”

“Ha-ha-ha… Ha.”

“Okay seriously Em, what?”

“Kara and Dan sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G! First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes Kara with the baby- Ow! Holy shit man! Both of your backpacks are pointy! What do you have in there? Freaks!”

“Wimp.”

“Eat shit Carrie.”
© Copyright 2008 SmileImHere098 (smileimhere098 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1393152-Just-an-Excerpt