*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1384315-Friendship
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Friendship · #1384315
Two friends are having an argument. Written for the "The Dialogue 500" contest.
“No.”

“Come on Tommy,”

“No.”

“Why won’t you budge on this?”

“I said no. ”

“Hey. Don’t act like that.”

“And why the hell shouldn’t I?!”

“Because I just so happen to be your best friend!”

“Best friend?! You call yourself my best friend?!”

“Yes! I do! Even though at the moment you are acting like such a girl, with this whole PMS episode-”

“You think a so called best friend steals his buddy's wallet to go buy a six pack to get hammered all night alone in a deserted lot?!”

“It’s not like tha-”

“And then when caught in the act, his only explanation is to offer his best friend to join him?!”

“God Tommy, grow a pair why don’t you? It’s no big dea-“

“No big deal?! John! Tomorrow is the biggest game of our high school careers! And you sit here telling me it’s no big deal?!”

“…”

“I mean, what could you possibly be thinking?!” 

“…”

“And here I thought you’ve done stupid things before! This stunt just tops your list of stupidity!”

“…”

“Are you listening to me John?!”

“…”

“John?”

“…”

“Hey, John,”

“…”

“Johnny…”

“Tomorrows the big game Tommy”

“…"

“And if we don’t win, I’m going to lose that college scholarship…”

“Johnny don't talk lke tha-”

“And if I don’t get that scholarship, my mom can’t afford to send me to school.”

“John…”

“And both you and me know that if I don’t go to school then I’ll never be able to get out of this hellhole of a town.”

“…”

“…”

“Hey man, let me drive you home… you need some sleep for tomorrow. Need to look good for those scouts right?”

“Yeah. Thanks man,”

“No problem, and… you’re going to be fine John.”

“…”

“…”

“Hey, Tommy?”

“Yeah?”

“I didn’t mean it when I called you a girl. You were just being a friend… a very manly friend… filled with… man-ness… and what not.”

“…”

“…”

“Just get in the car John. And try not to throw up… I just cleaned the interior.”

“…”

“…”

“Okay, I take back the manly comment.”
© Copyright 2008 SmileImHere098 (smileimhere098 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1384315-Friendship