*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1398221-Significant-miracles-save-lives
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by robby
Rated: · Other · Action/Adventure · #1398221
I would be lying if i said i didnt believe in miracles, ive come face to face with death
This miracle occured on july 2007 i was 20 at the time, I was driving from my first job babysitting in shueyville back to cedar rapids in order to make it to my second job at the mariott in cedar rapids at four o'clock. I was running very late and it was absolutely pooring outside. i was on the major highway 380 in my 1999 ford escort sport edition, although for the first time i wasnt speeding to get to work because it was raining so hard. i was cutting in and out of traffic when i started to drive on the curves on the highway. it was the second out of three curves is when i decided to change lanes. as i had started hydroplaning, i went into a one eighty so i was able to see all of the cars coming at me, my back end hit the side of the gardrail and i was face to face with a eighteen wheeler, while at a complete stop. I looked at the semi driver and all i thought at that specific second was that i am dead. The eighteen wheeler went up and hit me head on as he was going 50 mph on the highway, rode up on the front of my hood and came sideways off of it. the impact never did deploy my airbags because the tire from the big rig unfortunatly went in between both of the sensors on the frame of my car. The semi knocked my car back into the fast lane about 15 or 20 yards back. once this occured the semi driving jumped out of his truck and started running to my car as other drivers were pulling over thinking i was dead. I was so freaked out i was shaking and everything, there was a punk rock band from penn that pulled there trailer behind my car to make sure that no one would hit me or my car or the parts on the highway. i was shaken and drenched and i didnt know what to do. somone got me out of my car as everyone was trying to talk to me. I was alright not even just a scratch on me. when i told everyone around me that i was alright some lady told me to pray. After looking at my car i realize why. I came about six inches from having the semi smash the inside of my car.

this whole tramatic experience taught me that no matter what when you know that you cant get any lower in life you gotta look up and thank whoever made it possible for you to be alive.
© Copyright 2008 robby (savery87 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1398221-Significant-miracles-save-lives