*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1399016-Father-Time-Went-On-Strike
Rated: E · Poetry · Comedy · #1399016
Writer's Cramp Prompt, but was late posting it. Father Times fault?
Father Time Went On Strike



Father Time was mad at the world, they were meddling in his domain, AGAIN.
Those arrogant humans were playing with forces to be ruled by him, not men.

They had gone too far; their Daylight Savings came earlier than ever before.
He made up his mind, "I'm going on strike. I just can't take it no more!"

He sat in his lounger, put up his feet, and spread a blanket across his lap.
The humans would have to fend for themselves, "I am taking a nap."

The clocks of the world became confused, without Father Time to guide them along.
They twittered and twitched, ran backwards and such; the time they gave out was all wrong.

Now the humans didn't notice the clocks were wrong, 'til the strike was in it's third day.
They followed the routine they had followed for years, doing everything just the same way.

Then, on the third day, the humans slept in 'til they woke up all on their own. No alarms.
They got out of bed, ate breakfast together. They had cereal, 'twas 'Lucky Charms'.

Appointments were missed, but no one cared. Without clocks, they didn't know they were late.
The mood of the world took on a new feeling, people found it was fine to just wait.

Father Time woke from his three-day nap; saw the humans were doing just fine.
But he needed his job, so he adjusted the clocks. Rats! I missed the contest deadline.













© Copyright 2008 Daizy May (daizy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1399016-Father-Time-Went-On-Strike