*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1400059-A-Scale-Saves-Christmas
by Dadgad
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1400059
Santa finds a present at a pitstop he's making on his rounds that his elves couldn't make.
Santa and his sleigh were slowly cruising above the clouds. It was as if he was taking his leisure time,  but he really wasn’t. It was because his sleigh weighed much, much more than last before, and because of that extra weight, his reindeer couldn’t go very fast!
When Santa stopped for a pit stop where he does every Christmas, he was just receiving his receipt for a smoothie and candy bar, when out of the blue, something weird appeared. He took that opportunity to seize it and hope for the best. His face lit up with joy as he saw that it was a remote where you could program a billion different words into it then choose a language, a word and then it will say it back to you. He thought that a boy named Samkin Delonce, a boy who just moved to a foreign country and couldn’t speak much of that language, would not be able to get one of these this Christmas because his elves did not know how to make them!
Samkin wanted a blue one, but there were only two there and neither were blue. “Either I get him a color that he doesn’t want, or none at all.” He was about to buy the thingamabob when something caught his eye. “Of course! A scale!” He’d forgotten to weigh it, because these new thingamabob’s were pretty heavy. “I mean, what if my reindeer couldn’t pull my sleigh! He exclaimed! After all, if my reindeer aren’t able to pull my sleigh, then nobody is going to get what they want for Christmas.                    
         

“Oh, no! The scale doesn’t have any batteries in it! I only have fifty cents left and they cost sixty-five cents. Wait a sec!” He murmured to himself. “I have an idea!” He ran to his sleigh as fast as he could, grabbed for a toy truck, ripped open the bottom, pulled the batteries out, ran back to the scale, pulled the cover off, stuffed the batteries in, closed the cover, turned it on, weighed the thingamabob to make sure that his reindeer could still pull it, ripped open the back again, yanked the batteries out, ran as fast as he could to his sleigh again, grabbed for the toy truck again, stuffed the batteries in again, slammed on the back, hopped in his sleigh, and took off.
Ho, Ho, Ho! Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.



Maybe Samkin will get what he wants after all!
© Copyright 2008 Dadgad (flapflip1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1400059-A-Scale-Saves-Christmas