*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1400720-Bunny-Slippers
by Aly
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Relationship · #1400720
Two roomates in the morning.
“Now take into consideration the saying, ‘Once upon a time’ every child, correction, every normal child has heard this saying at least once in their life. Every story starts this way, but not every story…”
“Are you talking to yourself again Micah?” Micah glared at the blonde-haired girl wearing nothing but a towel, her hair was wet.
“Now, get out of the damn bathroom so I can finish getting ready.”
“Can you put clothes on?” Micah asked as he ran gel through his hair. If you really need to talk to yourself in front of a mirror, go use my vanity.” Tzippy gestured towards the white door. Micah shook his head as he walked out the door.
“It’s not like I haven’t seen you naked before.” He shouted as Tzippy closed the door.”
“We were four, our mom’s made us take a bath and unlike you I’ve changed in the past fourteen years.”
“You know what, the lake was cold and you…” The blow dryer turned on and he knew she had become oblivious to the world.
“Sometimes I wish she hadn’t moved in.” But Micah knew he wouldn’t have been able to afford this three bed two bath apartment if his childhood friend Tzippy hadn’t moved in two years ago.
Micah walked all ten steps to the kitchen to put on the coffee pot. How he hated the puke green walls of the kitchen, but his landlord forbid him to change the color. By the time he was pouring the coffee into two cups Tzippy was walking towards him, fully clothed. He never understood how she could blow-dry her waist-length hair, get dressed, and have her make-up perfected by the time the coffee was ready.
“Your usual Tzippy?” Tzippy nodded, her ponytail bobbing. I tossed soymilk into one cup and handed it to her. She stirred it nonchalant, staring out the sink window.
“We need to talk to the apartment next door. They need to close their blinds.”
“Again Tzippy? Jesus that’s the fourth night in a row, I don’t see how they can walk straight.” I saw Tzippy crack a smile.
“Don’t be so…immature.” She gulped down the last of the coffee.
“You’re so amazing Micah, I love you.” Her typical goodbye, she laughed as I tossed her the car keys.
“Later Micah,”
“A’ight Tzippy,” When she left, I laughed because she’s going to the store in bunny slippers.
© Copyright 2008 Aly (coeurmou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1400720-Bunny-Slippers