*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1401033-The-Golden-Army
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1401033
A lost treasure of an army of gold men awaits in an uncharted island.
"Argentina, January 23, 1888.
Jorge Dalmo, 42, lived as an average man working as a soldier in Argentina. He gradually lived with his wife and his 20 year old son, Daniel. On this day, rumors had spread out about the infamous treasure known formally as The Golden Army. On September 21, 1886, rumors had spread of this infamous treasure hidden in an uncharted island, it has been said that the treasure holds many golden statues of gauchos. Jorge was determined to discover this Island before anyone else. He was swaggering, but very valiant, his black hair swirled in the air and his black eyes stared into the blue. Jorge lived in a small, yet elegant hit in Santiago, Argentina and was determined to set sails to the island, but even to this day no one is sure if he ever made it to the island or if he ever found the island. Any Questions?” said Sergio Dalmo. The modern day today is January 22, 2009; Sergio Dalmo is the great-great grandson of Daniel Dalmo.
One child raised her hand promptly in the air waiting for an answer.
“Ah, yes you, in the back” Said Sergio.
“So your ancestors are treasure hunters?” questioned the young 13-year-old girl.
“Yes, in fact they were-“.Sergio darted at the middle school students attending the museum in New York all excited and thrilled on his true story.
“My great-great grandfather was the only one in his family not to set sails to the Army of Gold and since everyone who searched for the island disappeared… he was the only one left in his family” A young 14-year-old blonde man gently rose his hand.
“Why didn’t he go?”
“Well, because he was married and had to raise his son, which was also my great grandfather, he had to stay with his family”
Dozens of arms kept raising high in the air and without doubt, Sergio forced himself to answer them all.
“Do you know where this island is?”
“Nobody knows, only Jorge knows, it has been told that he made it to the island with his fellow soldiers, but never came back”
A bald, undernourished teacher rose from his wooden chair and called to the 40 students sitting on the wooden chairs.
“Well, thank you for telling us your exhilarating family history Mr. Dalmo, but we have to get going now; it’s almost time to leave”
“Ah man!” Cried all the students wanting to hear more of Sergio’s interesting family history.
“Don’t worry, we will resume Mr. Dalmo’s story next week”
Sergio looked down at the young teenagers and left the section of the peaceful museam and out the into the streets of New York. He raises his hand and whistles an earpopping whistle.A yellow NY cab drives upfront him after just twenty-three seconds, smiling, and pain in his ears. An elevated man in a black tuxedo dove his russet hands on the door of the cab.
“Are you Sergio Dalmo?” He questioned him immediately.
“Yes…may I ask why you are asking?”
“I need you to come with me sir”
“Why, I’m going home right now, can’t-“
The tall blonde, muscular man grabbed Sergio by the wrist and demanded.
“It’s about your ancestor- Jorge Dalmo”
Sergio paused and slowly looked back at the looking like he had just seen a ghost.
“What did you say?”
“We found something in the Atlantic Ocean, 62 miles south of the shores of Grand Bahama. We saw the name of this…object and immediately reported it to you and here I am”
Sergio stunned for a moment could not move from his seat.
“Take me to it”
The man smiled and gave the confused cab driver a twenty dollar bill and chuckled “To the nearest airport my good friend, oh and keep the change”
The driver looks into the staffs eyes and chuckles until he looses the remainder of his hair.
“Damn, thanks dude, I really-“
The man interrupted with a serious tone.
“Didn’t I say take us to the airport?”
The driver focused back on his cab and turned the key to his cab and drove off feeling embarassed.

NOT YET FINISHED>>>
TO BE COMPLETED>>>
© Copyright 2008 Francisco Alejandre III (pheonix954 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1401033-The-Golden-Army