*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1402107-Prologue-of-DAWN
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1402107
The prologue to the tale of the dawn of a new age, an age born in blood and war.
Prologue:
    Long ago, the lands were divided into five great tribes, five great races.
    The Deina were a fierce and intelligent race of dinosapiens that were bound by honor. Though no taller or muscular than the Humans, the Deina excelled in battle. No other race could match the Deina in speed or agility and the Deina utilized their fangs and claws in swift and devastating strikes.
    The Cerat were a proud and steadfast race of dinosapiens who stood twelve feet tall, with broad and muscular bodies. Their necks were protected by a strong bony frill that emerged from their skulls, and they had three large horns on their head: one larger horn above each eye and a shorter one above their snout. Though not the most intelligent race by any means, the Cerat knew the importance of peace between the races and would avoid disputes. The Cerat would viciously defend their way of life and would crush all who threatened their culture.
    The Tyran were a strong and aggressive race of dinosapiens who were the masters of battle among the land; their physical strength was matched only by the Cerat and their savagery in combat was unrivaled. They stood at thirteen feet tall and boasted razor sharp claws and fangs and a bite that could shatter bone like twigs beneath their heel. They were a race born and forged in blood and groups often fought among themselves.
    Man was a race that boasted great intelligence, able to improvise and survive where no other race could. The humans were looked down upon by all the other races, for how intimidating was a race that, alone, could not survive? With no fangs, claws, or talons humanity was seen as a race that was extremely feeble and lucky to survive as long as it had. Humanity thrived in the desert and the surrounding cliffs and canyons, waiting for its time.
    The Domég, being the most enlightened of the races, maintained order across the lands, helping the tribes settle disputes amongst one another, and above all, pleaded and begged the gods above that the fragile world that the immortals had created would not splinter. For hundreds of years there was peace.
    One dark night, however, their reign was brought to a brutal end. The delicate balance that the Domég had maintained for hundreds of years was thrown into disarray and darkness quickly settled across the lands.
    All order gone, war erupted between the clans. A new battle for dominance had begun... and from the blood of many only one would rise.
© Copyright 2008 RisingDawn (dawnofages at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1402107-Prologue-of-DAWN