*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1403125-A-Flashback-in-the-Future
Rated: E · Poetry · Emotional · #1403125
A flashback taking me into a past filled with joy and laughter bringing tears in my eyes..
A Flashback in the Future
- Sabby Johnson


    One day, way ahead in the future, I know that like anyone else, I would be hearing voices screaming 'run run'. And I would be running into the depths of life trying not to drown in an ocean of the crowd that surrounds us...
    I would be looking up and ahead towards the eternity of the horizon where the earth blends beautifully with the heavenly skies. I would wonder whether the gaze leads me to a colourful future or a distant past...
    I would hear a faint laughter and trying to recognize the voice. But then, I would realize that it is an echo from the distant past and that I stand alone trying to figure out when the laughter died...
    On a starry night, I would think about my childhood and my school days. I would wonder whether they are just dreams that drip into our sleep and leak into the darkness of the night. If so, I would curse the daylight and beg for an eternal sleep. Believe it or not, in the world out there, we are all alone searching for a lost dream...


                                                    ------X------



Note:

This was something I wrote as a message for all my friends of school days. I dedicate this to my happy memories with them and to my belief that they stay alive in my heart and life forever.


© Copyright 2008 Writer_for_u (sebastian91 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1403125-A-Flashback-in-the-Future